1995 diesel Fiesta - what belt do I need? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 09:42   #1 (permalink)

1995 diesel Fiesta - what belt do I need?

Afternoon all, hoping some kind person can help! I recently bought a 1995 1.8 diesel Fiesta Ghia - my first Ford and I'm very chuffed with it - which didn't come with any manuals. On Monday, the belt between the engine and alternator (behind the front of the o/s wheel arch) started squealing, and last night it snapped. Today, took the bus to the nearest motor factor and they gave me a belt which seems far too big. I can only see two pulleys that it should go round - am I missing a third pulley somewhere, or have they given me the wrong belt (perhaps an accessory drive belt) by mistake? What size/part number of belt should I ask for, in case they give me the wrong one again? Any help gratefully received!

PS: Only other fault with the car when I bought it is that only one headlamp lights up on dim/dip when the sidelights are on, but the bulb lights up normally for dip and main. Again, any thoughts are welcome!

PPS: It's a Mk 3 model - is there a differenc in belt sizes between the Mks 3 and 4? I think they changed over that year?
devorguila is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2008, 21:22   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 1995 diesel Fiesta - what belt do I need?

There should be a belt routing diagram under the hood. Have you looked there?
As far as the correct belt or not, the parts store should ask questions like year,make model,engine size, a/c, power steering etc.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 14:26   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1995 diesel Fiesta - what belt do I need?

if the belt is about 3ins to big its the wrong one! but! there is no point going back to the parts store! i had this problem and i will tell you, the after market parts people just looked at your car and said that it was the same as the mk2 engine, its not! ford changed a few things with your engine and one of the changes was the belt size! i tryed 3 different parts stores and the belts were all the same! (to big) so you should do what i did, bite the bullet pay about £7 more and get a ford part! i took it home and it fitted like a glove! genuine part required for that!
dave6068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum