1999 Fiesta zetec dim head lights? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 14:09   #1 (permalink)

1999 Fiesta zetec dim head lights?

Hi guys,

My first post is about my girlfriends car im affraid, she phoned me on her way home tonight in a panic saying her lights dont work, got her home using main beam and fog lights!

When she made it home sure enough dipped were dim as hell (like if the battery was flat), full beam, fogs, brakes, side lights are all fine. but both dipped are yelow.

battery seems fine, car starts fine, loaded up rear heater, all the lights, etc to see if altenator was to blame. every other light is bright as hell (normal i mean) still both dipped head lights are dim!!

Please anyone know why??

Cheers,

Leigh.

Last edited by leighwhite1978; 03-30-2009 at 14:11. Reason: edit title
leighwhite1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 07:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1999 Fiesta zetec dim head lights?

check the bulbs themselves as sometimes the filament starts to go and the lights will be dim as a result. if the bulbs are ok then check the connector on the wiring and the pins on the bulb.
hope this helps
applecheescake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 15:25   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

I think it is an H4 bulb on that year of Fiesta which is a twin filament bulb . You might find the dip filament has gone on both bulbs , easy to check and see if gone . Saying that , some Fiestas (95-99) had a H7 bulb but the H4 is most common.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22   #4 (permalink)

Hi,

This sounds similar to the issue I had with my '98 Fiesta. It started when I had my lights on dipped I would indicate right and the lights whould go to side lights.

Eventually the problem got worse and every time I turned on dipped I only got side lights. I ended up having to get the whole unit on the steering column replaced. When I say whole unit I mean the casing containing the switches for the indicators, lights, windscreen wipers, etc. Cost me around £100 all in to get replaced.

Would be worth checking that out
vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum