2006 Fiesta Zetec S recall - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 10:11   #1 (permalink)

2006 Fiesta Zetec S recall

My mum owns a 2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec S (PETROL), I have driven it on a couple of occasions and found it to be slower than my own mk4 1.25 (Which I now also have a problem with in another post!)

I originally could get 113 out of my 1.25 where as my mum wouldnt touch 100?!!!!! Its VERY quick on acceleration but revs up straight away,

It was RECALLED earlier this year for a part change on the clutch but it doesnt appear to have made a difference, I am sure they should reach over 100mph!

Is anyone aware of this problem before as Im thinking maybe it has the wrong ration gearbox in it! (I dont know a lot about cars)

Any ideas?

This is my other post if anyone can help too :)

1999 Fiesta zetec 1.25 losing 23mph top speed?!!!!

Thanks

Adam
Adam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 11:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2006 Fiesta Zetec S recall

100 mph is about right on these, the wrong wheels/tyres will make the speedo reading incorrect. The clutch pedal recall will not effect performance in any way, nor will the neutral spring inside the gearbox (which just snaps.) PS speeding is in no way condoned on these forums.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 17:24   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2006 Fiesta Zetec S recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1
My mum owns a 2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec S (PETROL), I have driven it on a couple of occasions and found it to be slower than my own mk4 1.25 (Which I now also have a problem with in another post!)

I originally could get 113 out of my 1.25 where as my mum wouldnt touch 100?!!!!! Its VERY quick on acceleration but revs up straight away,

It was RECALLED earlier this year for a part change on the clutch but it doesnt appear to have made a difference, I am sure they should reach over 100mph!

Is anyone aware of this problem before as Im thinking maybe it has the wrong ration gearbox in it! (I dont know a lot about cars)

Any ideas?

This is my other post if anyone can help too :)

1999 Fiesta zetec 1.25 losing 23mph top speed?!!!!

Thanks

Adam

i would guess its weight. i would think the latest shape fiesta is heavier than the older shape fiesta and with that size engine this could make the difference. or even running the car on a nice cold day could make a difference to any engine as there is more oxygen in cold air and any IC engine runs better with more oxygen. as for gearbox ratios if they have been changed i would say its not a mistake, you can check this if both cars are fitted with rev counters and drive both cars at the same speed and in the same gear and see what the rpm is of both cars.
nick_rs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum