2011 Fiesta radiator fan fuse/relay. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-16, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

2011 Fiesta radiator fan fuse/relay.

Hello all. My wife has a 2011 Fiesta. She is having the issue where her AC works fine while she's driving, but it blows warm while idling. The consensus seems to be that it's an issue with the radiator fan. It doesn't appear to run at all when the AC is on.

I replaced the fan with a new one, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I went to check the fuses (probably should have done that first), but I can't tell which fuse it is. I'm probably calling the part by the wrong name, so I might just be overlooking it. The one in the manual that seemed closest is the engine cooling fan relay, which has a fuse and a relay listed for it. I was wondering if anyone knew if this is the right fuse and relay to change, or if I'm looking in the wrong place. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-16, 09:46 PM
FF.com Administrator

Re: 2011 Fiesta radiator fan fuse/relay.

If there is only the one fan then the engine cooling fan relay would be correct. There will also be a temp sensor that turns the fan on when the coolant reaches a certain temperature. Does the temp gauge ever get over normal and have you heard the fan running when the engine is hot.

Is the air con condenser clear of any rubbish build up. Sometimes rubbish can get in behind the condenser between it and the radiator.

It is also possible the air con may need regassing but you could be onto the problem with the fan.

Lance
71 429SCJ Mustang
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-16, 03:14 AM
Moderators

Re: 2011 Fiesta radiator fan fuse/relay.

" It is also possible the air con may need regassing " , first thing I would have checked .

Never, never, never give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum