Ford Forums banner

2011 ford fiesta p2610 code and shut down.

10K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I purchased my 2011 ford fiesta form a local dealer in feb of 2017. At first it was a great little car. Then the engine cooling fan failed before we made the first payment. Fortunately the dealer fixed it at no charge to me. Then in march the door latches broke, which ford fixed due to a recall. Then in April we were driving the car and it stalled on the road. The local dealer picked the car up and kept it for a week and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Having mechanic experience I decided to look at it. I found out that when the engine is cold it starts up and runs beautifully. After it warms up it will randomly stall and sometime with refuse to turn the engine over when you try to restart it. While it's dying the service oil lights come one. I did manage to keep it running long enough to store a code which is P2610 OBD-II Trouble Code: ECM/PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance. So I called ford and they said the car needs the ecm updated as part of the many factory recalls on the car. So what I'm trying to figure out is if I get the update, could it fix the ecm problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.