Ford Forums banner

2012 Fiesta (Colombia) radio not funtioning

12K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  DigitalKnight 
#1 ·
My girlfriends Fiesta radio will not play any music at all.

I can turn the head unit on and off and I can insert a CD and eject a CD but it will not play it. No error message. Also when I press the Radio button nothing happens at all. The Sat button will display "Radio Satelital no disponible" which makes sense since the car is not equipped with Satellite radio.

With the radio off I can access the menu for changing date and time so I know the navigation and other buttons are working.

Anyone else see this problem before? I did a lot of google searches but was not successful in finding a fix or anyone mentioning the same problem she is having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark :beerbottl

#5 ·
Nothing from the speakers at all and no display of radio or CD track numbers. When CD is inserted it will just sit on reading CD. The radio button does not change the display at all it like the button was not even pressed. Only the Sat button changes the display to show that Sat is not installed or avail.

#8 ·
That would be your call. It's going to be tough finding one from the same vintage, as new as the car is. Might be better off looking into an after market.Scosche usually keeps up to date with adapter kits, might want to try that route.

#9 ·
Scosche does not make any adapters ... at least not yet...

So did some googling and it looks like there are few options for aftermarket radios.. Looks like Kenwood makes a double Din unit but can't find any hardware or faceplates to make it really work.

did find some radio units on eBay from wrecked cars from $50 to $100 US dollars. Also lots of control panels for sale also. I take it the control panel could not be the problem and the head unit is mounted some where else in the car?

#10 ·
Hmm... good point. I can't get much info on it, but the head unit is behind where you slide the CD into the stereo. I'm also assuming that's where the remainder of the stereo lies with the exception to the actual interface, which would be the control panel. If the CD worked, I'd assume the control panel, but since the CD isn't playing, I'm leaning towards the head unit. Hopefully someone else can come up with a definitive test.

#11 ·
So the diagnostic report from ford show two error codes: U0193 Lost Communication with Digital AUDIO Control Module A. And U1A00 Private Bus Circuit.

At the top of the report it reads:

SMARTBOX: 983290419530
Test system:usaford
Automatically Search->FCDIM (Front Control/Display Interface Module)
->Read Fault Data

I told her to get the exact part number from Ford on what is bad but it sounds to me that the dash control unit is faulty?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.