air intake mod - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 20:49   #1 (permalink)

Question air intake mod

Has anyone though about having a modified air box lid on the MK6 1.6, connected to a bonet scoop ??
puey_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2005, 02:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: air intake mod

havent seen your nick here before, you must be new. If so then welcome to ff

Umm, bonnet scoop might serve its purpose because the engine bay is so enclosed and allows so much heatsoak into everything, any fresh air would be good.
I have modified my grill slightly, have a cold air intake and retained the standard intake aswell. i will have pics showing this soon.
I have realised some improvement in drivability aswell as much lower engine bay and engine temps.

I wouldnt install a scoop, unless the car was already done up alot,
I like my bonnet how it is
connecting a scoop upto the airbox would be a MISSION if you wanted it to look good but if you did it properly would be a very good way of improving performance.
for cost effective solution buy a panel filter from www.autospeed.com and then get some flexible 2.5 inch plastic pipe and make up a cold air intake. stealth and slightly added performance = good
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42   #3 (permalink)

Cheers for the welcome and the ideas man. The mission will take place soon, I have some big plans for this car. was thinking about mabe addapting some lancer extractors when i get the exhaust done, as they dont really make them for the mk6 as of yet. its a pitty not many ppl see the potential of what is under the hood. I would really like to see some hot fiesta's being created.
Old 01-31-2005, 15:48   #4 (permalink)

Lancer extractors?
Some how i dont know if that will work lol.
have you seen the stocko extractors on the mk6, come off the back of the engine instead of the front.
You would have to go to an exhaust shop and get them to make you up a set of stractors.
Mitch
Old 01-31-2005, 21:54   #5 (permalink)

Its has stock extractors??? shit shows you how much i know about this car, im still pretty noob lol.
Any way back to the AIR.
Was pondering today while driving and thinking about the scoop idea. im sure it would give it a fair boost in power but what the hell happens when it rains?? Mabe a grill would be more appropriate.
Old 01-31-2005, 22:44   #6 (permalink)

Yeah every car has standard extractors, its all part of the standard exhaust system.
standard ones are very very restrictive, hence why when you modify your exhaust you generaly get most power gains out of replacing extractors (headers).
on a lancer when you open the bonnet the extractors come off the front of the motor and go underneath and connect to the cat converter.
On the fiesta the extractors come off the back of the engine.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:40   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_lx
havent seen your nick here before, you must be new. If so then welcome to ff

Umm, bonnet scoop might serve its purpose because the engine bay is so enclosed and allows so much heatsoak into everything, any fresh air would be good.
I have modified my grill slightly, have a cold air intake and retained the standard intake aswell. i will have pics showing this soon.
I have realised some improvement in drivability aswell as much lower engine bay and engine temps.

I wouldnt install a scoop, unless the car was already done up alot,
I like my bonnet how it is
connecting a scoop upto the airbox would be a MISSION if you wanted it to look good but if you did it properly would be a very good way of improving performance.
for cost effective solution buy a panel filter from www.autospeed.com and then get some flexible 2.5 inch plastic pipe and make up a cold air intake. stealth and slightly added performance = good
Just modified the standard air intake, taking out that ridiculous plastic blocking the air from entering the air filter, and i also took out that weird resonator (that what its called?)... noticed a difference at 5500rpm+...
Cheers Mitch for your help.
Also, are you getting those pics of the Cold Air Intake up soon? that would be an interesting mod.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04   #8 (permalink)

I removed the stock pipe today and replaced it with about 1/2 a meter or so of induction piping leading to under the car. can feel the diff in 3rd gear muchly.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:52   #9 (permalink)

very nice :D finaly there is some chopping, hacking of plastic and destruction of any restrictive parts. Get these little fiestas flying
Old 02-13-2005, 06:29   #10 (permalink)

Today i removed the entire air box from the top of the engine, its quite easy to remove just undo the 2 bolts on top of the airbox just under the Duratech engravement and pretty much just pull it off from the back. was thinknig about losing it all together and just connecting a pod filter up instead. but there is this little tube that is connected to the air box from the motor and i dont know what it is or what would happen if i pluged it up.

does anyone know??

PS with out the air box the car sounds mental!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum