Ford Forums banner

Alloys Ahoo

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stuartrhunter 
#1 ·
Want some alloys for my Fiesta LX, gettin bored of its look and finally deciding to same ma pennies and make it look good, but havnt a clue how to.

Just wondering what the largest size wheels I could have on it (want 17s), and any recomendations of wheels you guys like?

Going for side sills etc. soon but fittings expensive... aint it?

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 ·
Legally, 16" with 205/45R16 are JUST legal, however 17s fit just fine and I don't think cops would pick on your unless you do other things to it. You'd need to run 205/40R17 otherwise your speedo would go out of whack more than you want it to. This would especially matter if you're in Victoria!

#3 ·
In NSW you could get away with 17's as the wording is not the best. They say that you can go only 25mm larger diameter over the stock tyres and 205/40/17 are over 25mm increase in diameter with 15's and thus illegal but if you take the measurements of the largest optional wheels 195/45/16 they are legal.

#4 ·
Ok I'm confused lol, so half the modded cars shown on here are illegal? Didnt know there that was that much legality with wheels, so I gess some 18s I just found for a stupidly good price are out the window lol?

Wanted to get a 30mm drop with 17s or 18s for now with some side sills?

Are people commonly stopped for this then by the poooooolice?

#5 ·
i thought it doesn't matter about height its width....so e.g. zetec fitted with 195/50/15 and the width of the rim is 6" so you are allowed to go an inch over up to 7"
is all to do with insurance yes.....so i'm sure police wouldn't pull if you had 18" on your car but if you want to insure them then you can only go and inch over standard width.
but i guess with 19" you might as you'd be doin some scrappin for sure, too dangerous i feel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.