Alloys how big to go on a MK4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 14:52   #1 (permalink)

Alloys how big to go on a MK4

Hey

I'm looking to fit some after market alloys to my MK4 fiesta, basiclly the bigger the better. I'm looking at getting some 17" as i think 15" or 16" will be too small for my liking. All i need to know is it possible with out causing any problems and if anyone has done it and how it looks.

Any thoughts are great
pkirbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 20:14   #2 (permalink)
English Person!!

Re: Alloys how big to go on a MK4

some 17's from ford should go on ok.... for example.....

These are the one's that are going on my ka when it comes back from the garage....

Si
Blueka_3_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:06   #3 (permalink)

I've done this using 17" Formula alloys with Toyo 205/40 tyres

I found the suspension was too spongey so I fitted a G-Max kit which is a lot stiffer, it's well worth doing if the roads you drive on are smooth and flat

It's a bloody nightmare if you hit a pot hole or uneven road & because most of the roads in the UK except for the motorways are crap I would seriously consider whether you want to watch the road more than what's in front of you!
jmeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:29   #4 (permalink)

I fitted 17's on my MRK4 2 weeks ago the suspension was far to spongey so I droped it 40mm fitted a G max kit and replaced the shocks.Still its a nightmare every bump on the road makes the wheels hit the arches.the car is alot stiffer but if someone advised me befor hand that it would be this much hassle I would of stuck to smaller wheels.
encore96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum