Assistance for a Fiesta Finesse S reg 1.3 owner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 00:19   #1 (permalink)

Assistance for a Fiesta Finesse S reg 1.3 owner

Hi

I bought a Ford Fiesta Finesse S reg 1.3 Petrol car a couple of months ago. Its got me to work great work and for the price I paid for it I can't complain.

However, what I haven't got is an owner's manual and I would like somebody to point out the engine location of where the antifreeze and screen wash goes. Not to mention where on the dipstick to check the correct oil level.

Talking of oil, my local car parts supplier gave me 10W40. I did check around and found that 5W30 is supposed to be used. The bloke said that its cheaper and that older engines run just as good on it.

Any sound advice would be really appreciated. This car gets me to work and the thought of two buses there and back in the winter would be a frightening ordeal.
sulligogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 04:53   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Assistance for a Fiesta Finesse S reg 1.3 owner

If it's a S reg it should be a 1998 mk4 , a while since I've been under a bonnet on one of those .But as far as I can remember the rad header tank is at the back off the engine at the bulkhead , a white / clear container with a plastic screw cap .The dipstick should either have a couple of nicks on the side or a marked area which indicates the max and min level .The washer bottle usually has an extension tube with a flap on top , maybe at the front wing area ? They coloured the rad cap , washer bottle cap etc . yellow to make it easier to locate but that may have been on later models .If in doubt go into any fast fit garage or the likes of Halfords and they should show you what you need to know .Use the correct oil 5w30 , not what your local parts guy told you .Could also make sure your antifreeze is up to the correct strength before the onset of winter .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:49   #3 (permalink)

Thanks RS Logan,

The back left (the front wing) is the screen wash, to its immediate right is the radiator, then bottom left is the power steering and to its right is the oil and right of all the above is the brake fluid.

Thanks again for your help. And I will invest in some 5W30.
sulligogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Glad you got it cleared up .Best sticking to correct engine oil , wrong grade can cause engine problems in some cases affecting the likes of hydraulic tappets etc .Thanks for update .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum