Ford Forums banner

Changing Feista MK 6 headunit

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  davestanbury 
#1 ·
I am looking to change the headunit in my feista mk6 and am hving no luck at all in removing the original ford unit. I have managed to get all three parts of the dashboard off several times to try different ways of removing it, but still no luck.

Is there a tool to actually remove the head unit? If there is, where can i get hold of one?

Would be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers

#2 ·
is it hard to take the dash off?
im gettin a fiesta flame next week and just wondered how hard it would be to take it off.

my sisters mate works for ford and he said this part works for a standard stereo
"Din adapter plate. (finis code 1222161)"
its £30 +vat

im gonna see if i can get them to swap it when i collect the car.

also, how big is the glovebox? could you fit a head unit in it? just a wondering.

#6 ·
It is quite hard to get all of the dash off. 1st you have to remove the bit under the steering wheel. There are screws in the change holder and under the steering wheel itself. 2nd to remove the bit around the glove box. open the glove box there are two screws on the right hand side. the top one is no problem, the bottom one is harder to get to and the glove box has to be removed. there are two screws at the bottom, when the box is shut, to take out. 3rd to remove the centre piece of the dash there are two screws at the bottom, then there are another two hiding behind the heated screen buttons. to remove the buttons leaver them out with a flat headed screwdriver. then it should just pull away with i light tug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.