Couple of Problems with 98 Fiesta LX 1800 diesel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 23:49   #1 (permalink)

Couple of Problems with 98 Fiesta LX 1800 diesel

Hello to all,
Just found the site and thought after having a quick look through, that i would explain a few small problems with our car, and hopefully get some help in the form of advice from a kind someone out there.
My wife and myself have had this 1998 1800 LX Fiesta diesel since 2000, it was an ex.-mobility car (uk) and had 17000 miles on it when we got it, and now has 80000 on.
Cant say its had an easy life, its our first diesel car and prior to this i always had decent cars and took care of them, cant do too much mechanically myself but i always got the work done, Unfortunately for the car at least i have returned to motorcycling in 99 and they are my baby's now, so the poor old car seems to get a little neglected.
It does get serviced once a year though, and had a full one at Christmas, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, pollen filter etc., cam belts fine, and it had new plugs last summer, thing is we have two problems that we tend to live with, but now i have found the site i was hoping to shed a little more light on them.
firstly, and this has been with us for about four years,
when the heating's on, say, halfway to max. for example, all's fine for a while, then it just goes to max. heat without us touching anything, even if you turn it to cold, it just keeps coming through hot. Stopping the car and restarting it, sometimes puts it back to normal, Its not much fun in summer with the heating on red hot!
second, on part throttle mostly first an second gears, when starting to accelerate steady it gets jerky, like your tapping at the throttle with your foot, if you put your foot down you get through this stage and its fine,
its worse on hills when your going really steady for whatever reason. Otherwise its great. brilliant to fuel, i just wish that was cheaper but i cant do anything about that.
And to say its had no love and care as such the body an paint stays good even through our salt riddled winter roads here in Britain.
Sorry for the long winded thread, there is a couple of genuine questions mixed in with all this waffle. Take care out there and best wishes to all
Dave.
DC6079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 12:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Couple of Problems with 98 Fiesta LX 1800 diesel

First fault do a search on 'heater valve', second problem could be lots of things, I'd recommend booking it in for a diagnostic
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 22:58   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for that Fordtech, i really appreciate that.
Forgive my ignorance, but when you say do a search for 'heater valve' do you mean type in in somewhere and see whats already been written on the subject, or do you mean have a look at the actual valve. If its the first, where do i type it in? and if its the second option, could i have more details please. I am pretty new to the computer, and still find at times that the totally obvious is not so obvious for me. + I'm a bit dense
Best regards
Dave
DC6079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:41   #4 (permalink)

There you go click on this
http://www.fordforums.com/search.php?searchid=13285
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum