EAC Fail on Fiesta - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 19:15   #1 (permalink)

biggrin EAC Fail on Fiesta

Hi there.

This is my first ever post, so forgive me if this post has been done before.

Every so often The message "EAC Fail" is displayed on my panels when trying to start my car. The message does clear either when you switch the engine off and then try again a few times or if your driving the car, it cuts out on you and when you restart it, it clears the message.

I've spoken to my local Ford dealer and they said "I can only bring up car, when the display message is constant. Otherwise the diagnostics machine will not find a fault". Does any one have any ideas as to what this could be?

This is my first ever Ford car and other than this hopefully minor problem, I really like the car.
FiestaGHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 03:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: EAC Fail on Fiesta

You need to back to your dealer.

I had the same problem and it is to do with the Electronic Accelerator Control module and should be replaced. It is a known and common problem with the new Fiesta, but easily sorted out. My dealer did it in a Saturday morning and I've had no problems since (that was over a year ago).

Good luck.
Roadhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:04   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice! Car is going in again today. Did specifically say over the phone that I wanted the module to be replaced but they said they need to run it through diagnostics machine. will be saying it again when i get there, just need to see what happens.
FiestaGHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:48   #4 (permalink)

Hi,

I understand you've got this Fiesta Ghia 1.6L? May I know how is the fuel consumption (km/L)? Any area of improvement for this car? I'm seriously interested in getting one and hope you could give your honest review. Thanks.
SamuelPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum