Few fiesta problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 16:11   #1 (permalink)

Few fiesta problems

Hi
I have a mk4 fiesta and the airbag light doesnt flash at all, just constantly stays on also, it is lowered 40mm on zetec s alloys and i can hear a squeeking noise from inside the car, could it be the rear shocks/struts?
Finally, when i turn a corner at speed it sounds like i have a lump in my tyre and it hits the ground everytime the wheel goes round. what could that be?
cheers
ryan
ryan_u89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2007, 08:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Few fiesta problems

Well the airbag light is indicating a fault in the airbag system so take it to a garage for them to locate the error, or remove the light bulb from the dash if you aren't fussed either way (but thats upto you and has obvious safety implications). To remove the dash takes only a bit of time but you do have to unlcip the speedo cable from both the front axle and from behind the dash. Haynes explains that one fine.

I had the sqeaky sound from the rear suspension myself, it was solved by replacing the bearing bushes on the rear wishbone, as when worn they cause movement of the rear axle which is also an MOT failure. Maybe the same thing might create the noise you explain when cornering at speed!?!
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:34   #3 (permalink)

the lump in the tyre could be to do with the wheel unbalanced!!
im only 16 but at college doin car mech and have jst passed wheel/tyre and balancing and i got told that when a wheel is unbalanced in can make the tyre feel like what u are experiencing.
hope this kinda helps with that
shaunb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57   #4 (permalink)

it turned out it was the wheel bearing - cheers anyway mate
ryan_u89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum