Fiesta 1.3 encore overheating or not - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 10:34   #1 (permalink)

Fiesta 1.3 encore overheating or not

Hi I have had my fiesta just over a month now and over the last two weeks the temperature has started to creep up until today it hit red. The car has got plenty of water in it but one thing I did find strange was that even tho the tamp gauge was saying it was overheating the water in the bottle was only warm and when I removed the cap no steam or anything came out and this was after a 20 minute drive. Could it be the water pump or do I have an even bigger problem? The heaters were also warm but not red hot like I would have thought they would be with such a high temp.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks
dragonkeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 10:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fiesta 1.3 encore overheating or not

Also forgot to say the fan dose not kick in
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

If not over heating , possibly just temp transmitter / sensor faulty ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:44   #4 (permalink)

is the radiator its self warm / hot? if not i would say its worth looking at the thermostat.
also possible a blockage in the cooling system.
Old 04-13-2008, 16:54   #5 (permalink)

I changed the thermostat and still overheating. Radiator is cold but top pipe on radiator is hot. I think maybe a blockage or water pump has gone I'm going to flush the the full system first see if that helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30   #6 (permalink)

Turns out the new thermostat was faulty and was not opening until boiling point. The temp is now not going into the red but dose still sit a little higher than I would like. I would like my fan to kick it but it never dose and I know it works. Can someone help me locate the switch that turns the fan on as this is the next part I would like to replace.
Old 05-21-2008, 13:35   #7 (permalink)

i dont think this is good news.
ive just read in the haynes manual quote
"Cooling fan switch
The electric cooling fan is controlled by the powertrain control module, using signals provided by the engine coolant temperature sensor
"
this was tthe only reference i could find to the fan switch but the fiesta has has number of different engines installed in it as the years have gone on so im not sure what engine they are referring to.

on my 1998 fiesta (zetec SE engine) the coolant temp switch is under the coil pack, but as your gauge is working i dont think this is going to be the problem.
if your car has aircon, if you switch the aircon on the fan should cut in every 30 seconds or so and this must be fed from a different source.

have you checked the fuse for the fan?

also would be useful to know the year of the car and what engine type it has in it.
Old 05-22-2008, 14:06   #8 (permalink)

Hi its a 1998 1.3 encore. The fan dose work I have wired it off the battery but have not checked the fuse. I will try that tomorrow thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum