Fiesta Mk6 Air Con (A/C) not working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Fiesta Mk6 Air Con (A/C) not working

Isn’t it typical, four days before you are due to go on holiday (driving to Germany) the A/C packs up!

In the cabin the A/C button glows orange, but there is no cool air!

From under the bonnet there is a regular clicking sound (about 5 second gaps) and the engine revs go up and down. This goes on for as long as the A/C button is on.

Obviously it is not working – but any ideas what it could be and a likely figure on how much to fix???

PS I am guessing if it needs re-gassing and there is not enough pressure in the system it would deactivate the switch in the cabin? But obviously I don’t know for sure.
Fiesta125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2007, 11:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fiesta Mk6 Air Con (A/C) not working

Nope, sounds like the A/C is working alright- do you get any cold air at all from the heater? If not, it's the old heater valve problem, many posts around on this one.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40   #3 (permalink)
fordmech

Hi guys
Sorry, but I have to (respectfully) disagree here. A 5 seconds cycling time for a compressor is way too short. Once your cabin is at the temperature you've selected you can expect a short cycling time, between 5-10 seconds, but not when you turn the a/c on for the first time. This could be due to a system that's blocked, overcharged or undercharged (which I think is your case). Only if you were unable to get hot air when selected (as well as cold air) would I blame the heater tap. cheers
marc
ps: The A/C button will never deactivate, as it is only a request to the control module. Even with no gas at all in the system it'll turn on when you press it, but the module will not turn the compressor on (to prevent internal damage) because it will be receiving a signal from the low-press switch.
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03   #4 (permalink)

I thought I would let you know what the diagnosis was – it was indeed low pressure, so the compressor wouldn’t run.

The system was de-gassed and then re-gassed and phenomenally cold for about a week, but already the air is beginning to not feel very cool again.

Going to give it a month to see what happens and then take it back I think.

I Reckon there must be a leak?!
Fiesta125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:54   #5 (permalink)
fordmech

Definitely a leak. And a big one too if you're loosing that much gas in only a week. Take it back to them now that there's still some gas left to see if they can detect where it's coming from. cheers
Marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum