Ford Forums banner

Fiesta mk6 and Elm327 question

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Can the elm 327 v1.0 read codes from a Fiesta mk6 03 diesel? If so what setting/software do I need? I have tried powerscan which connects to a corsa, a4 and rav4 fine although it won't read from the ford.

Here's a piccy of what I have

Thanks in advance for any help!

See less See more
#2 ·
ELM327 products are designed to work through multi communication ways, WIFI, USB, RS-232 and Bluetooth.

WIFI:

WIFI ELM327 interface is able to detect and interpret obd2 / eobd protocols automatically. It also provides support for high speed communications and a low power sleep mode. It is easy to communicate with a host device (PC, notebook, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and so on).

USB:

USB ELM327 scanner can translate all the hard work of protocol into a simple ASCII character based view via the included serial cable. USB ELM327 is used as an interface to connect virtually all OBD-II compliant vehicles to a PC for on-board diagnostics (OBD).

Bluetooth:

OBD-II Software for ELM327 Bluetooth is a free program that allows you to use your PC and a hardware interface to get the information from your car`s computer.

If I am not wrong, the elm327 u pic above is a USB based. I suggest you get a Bluetooth based which allows you to download free Torque app. And had better with standard OBD protocols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.