Ford Forums banner

would you buy the mk6 again?

• Not on your nelly mate!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Fiesta mk6 potential buyers? would u buy ?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Teki04 
#1 ·
My wife Annie and myself have owned the current Fiesta for just over 24 months, I have the Zetec (Red ones are faster!) the Mrs. has the finesse base model

The good bits zetec..(22000 miles)
Keep the engine spinning above 2500 revs and she will duck and dive around the country lanes without a hint of body roll, feeding your senses with hearty helping of induction roar only inches from your seat! The taught suspension reminds you the penalty of razor handling is the occasional jarring over the bumps but a price worth paying when you're nova taking other cars and slightly under steering into the bends! 10/10 for the Bridgestone’s in the dry!
the (very quiet!) engine after 22000 miles sounds as good as the day it was built and fitted in the car the German build quality shines through, the satisfying thrump as you close a door... not a hint of a rattle despite having two years to shake one out! Not so much as a bulb blowing in that time the paint must have been mixed by Mr. Chobham there are only 3 very small stone chips despite what appeared to asteroids bouncing off the bonnet following a loaded truck! brakes are brilliant the ride is fantastic fun the sound system is good enough to keep my battle weary ears entertained I lovingly self change the oil at half service intervals(6000 miles 5-30 semi synth) so I can continue to thrap her without guilt! ...so impressed I’m buying the ST!

The Wife’s finesse...(26000 miles)
you don’t have to spin it up there is more torque than an age concern weekly bingo meet, but without the urgency and aural stimulation of the zetec induction roar.... the slightly smaller engine still delivers and then only marginally slower than the zetec! (When the new fiesta launched, the tuning money was on the smaller engine, then import the turbo from the Brazilian model?!?! bet that’s got you need for speed merchants thinking!)

The bad bits.. Over 50% (Horses Mouth!) of the new fiestas have had water pumps replaced under warranty, apparently the impeller is plastic!!! The zetec went at 6000 miles (the only fault I have had with the car!) Annie’s finesse at 25000 miles (you know when the impeller goes, it will sound like a budgie aviary under the bonnet!) the base model finesse has light grey coloured upholstery my 3 yr old trashed it over two years stains everywhere so mums beware, get seat covers quick! both our cars suffer from the "rear windows creep down syndrome" ...as you drive over days and weeks the rear windows slowly vibrate slightly open as much as 1/2 inch, so be careful driving into a car wash! Check your rear windows are wound up! My wife’s steering wheel leather was worn through at 24000 miles (part paid by ford!) I also note that her car not having mud flaps fitted (flaps and mats from ford should be compulsory!) picks up a lot of crud, tar, and throws it onto the front doors (white spirit job!) the smaller wheels and tyres cause some interesting under steering moments when I forget which car I’m cornering!

Would she buy again....... a resounding no!
Yet I love the fiesta and I stated when I had problem after problem with a new XR2 in 1988 I would never have another ford...... but my mk6 has me converted (it helps to have a GSXR 1000K4 for very fast sunny days though!)

Rick Ryder 09/12/2004 rick.ryder@btinternet.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Interesting review.

The whole windows creeping down part is dodgy as, in my opinion. The car would be back at Ford until that was resolved!

Club members love their Fiestas here in Oz, haven't heard of any water pumps going yet but they are all very new.

Thanks for the write up!

Tim

#5 ·
Far out cypher u obviously love driving ur fiesta :p
Ive had mine for over 2 months and ive only put 1,700 kms on it!!!!!
how many hrs per day do all you guys drive on average???
some days mine doesnt even come out of the garage, otherdays it comes out and i scratch it :mad: *slapping myself*

#8 ·
Pieoter said:
The only rattle is get is from the license plate at the back. Might be something else but thats what it sounds like.
Im getting a rattle from the back as well, but i think its the spare tyre attachments... or the jack under the tyre rubbing against the metal... im going to check it out when i have a chance. Mainly because its a pain in the arse trying to put the spare back together (ive already had a nail in mine)

#9 ·
Oh, and also... ive done 7500km in 4 months... so thats about 22500 in 1 year... DAMN i gotta stop driving it so much, but the fiesta is too addictive. I cant be home bored with the car sitting in the drive way. Already lost my licence (well i appealled... and no reply yet) by speeding in it down a hill. Double Demerits got me on new years eve. New year Resolution is to not drive my car for 3 months!
Btw, not sure how many of you know, but the Fiesta is speed limited to 190km/h... tested it on the way to wollongong!
Also, has anyone had problems with the window wipers? I get a really loud and intrusive whistle from any speeds above 140kmh, or 100kmh with high winds.

#11 ·
Um, yes... lol... but i appealled the speeding fine (85 in 60zone) purely cause i went back to the spot and couldnt have done it unless red lining (which i wasnt doing at the time) because i had just left a side street... so yea :driver: Addicted to Fiesta...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.