fiesta mk6 wheels - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2006, 06:02   #1 (permalink)

confused fiesta mk6 wheels

iv just got a mk6 fiesta 1.4tdci (its an '03, 5 door) and i was wondering if 17" alloys would replace the current standard wheels on it without having to do any arch work or suspension mods?

tanx;

sparky
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 23:15   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: fiesta mk6 wheels

Hi,

Sorry I can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine.

I have a 2005 Fiesta 1.4TDCI, as I'm sure you're aware these cars are SLOW. Anyway, I need to tune it up a little. It seems you're into beefing up cars (17 inch alloys and what not) so I figured I would ask you what the best thing to do would be. People have told me to get a chip, which is supposed to increase power by 25% for $500. Are there any alternatives you know of? Not looking to spend too much, a 10% increase for $200 would do just fine. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:05   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hi,

Sorry I can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine.

I have a 2005 Fiesta 1.4TDCI, as I'm sure you're aware these cars are SLOW. Anyway, I need to tune it up a little. It seems you're into beefing up cars (17 inch alloys and what not) so I figured I would ask you what the best thing to do would be. People have told me to get a chip, which is supposed to increase power by 25% for $500. Are there any alternatives you know of? Not looking to spend too much, a 10% increase for $200 would do just fine. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
for a diesel the best thing you could do is 2 chip it, you get extra bhp and it is more economical with the fuel. As for the prices im not 2 sure wot they are in $ im from Northern Ireland. hope this helps you;
Sparky
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

I have put 17" wheels on my MK6 Fiesta Zetec and they are just perfect. Will probably get it lowered sometime soon though. I spoke to the bloke at the wheel place about 18" wheels for my Fiesta but he said I may just about squeeze them on with ultra low profile paper thin tyres! Hope this helps!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:32   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
iv just got a mk6 fiesta 1.4tdci (its an '03, 5 door) and i was wondering if 17" alloys would replace the current standard wheels on it without having to do any arch work or suspension mods?

tanx;

sparky
ok. you can lower the car up to 35mm and use 18" wheels no problem but you need to use the right size tyres or you'll have problems. the sizes are 205/40r17 and 215/35r18. 17" is best as in my experience 18" always end up badly buckled due to the lack of tyre to cushion any impacts.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:47   #6 (permalink)
Unregistered

17" will go straight on to your car mate , with a 205/40/17. and you can drop it by 35mm with no problems, make sure you get wheels with a off set of et38

Mark
Old 03-15-2006, 08:58   #7 (permalink)
sandvik951

I have 7x17 et 40 and it fits just fine. Tyre 205/40
Old 03-19-2006, 23:11   #8 (permalink)
Unregistered

is that the offset for 2002 models onwards or previous models, ive heard that models 2002 onwards have an offset of +52
Old 03-21-2006, 11:44   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered

You can fit 18" wheels on the mk6 with up to 35mm lowering with an offset of 35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum