Ford Forums banner

Fiesta sloshing noise!

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  alpal 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a new auto (demo) Fiesta LX and have noticed a strange sloshing noise to the front left (passenger) side when I first start up, has anyone else experienced this or know what it might be? Also, its just recently started idling jerkily and losing power at strange times but I'm getting this checked at the dealer on Monday. Just wondering if anyone's had the same probs?!
Thanks

#3 ·
When i start mine up it makes a weird ticking noise, ive been told this is the variable valve timing unit.
Also when driving at extremely slow speeds (5kms or so) the engine sounds almost like a diesel, the noise is very quiet though.

#5 ·
Thanks for the ideas, not sure if it could be the aircon though coz it still happens a week after not using the aircon and it sounds like a pretty huge amount of liquid! I've noticed the washer fluid is near the dash at the front left but I dont think it could be that either, the sound stops after a few minutes driving, is it possible it could be the fuel tank or feed?! i dunno!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.