Ford Forums banner

Fiesta Zetec Body Creak

6K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  fordel 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Any of the 3 door owners out there, does any of your cars body creak (like a twist of the body sound) when going up drive ways, etc.

Mine is doing it at the moment and I don't know why. I am getting the comp check done by Ford on the 16 Dec and will find out what is going on.

Cheers!

#4 ·
ive noticed a few creaks aswell. as you a couple of you said, i only get it when going up a drive way or something.
im not too fussed, just aslong as it isnt a with suspension.
ive heard alot of people talk about getting software reloaded into our computer.
whats the go with this? is there new software already for the fiesta..

#6 ·
well my car did it a bit when i got it, turned out it was the door locks, if they get dry they can make those same sort of sounds, had them all lubed up and that fixed the problem for quite a while.

the laser's had the same sort of issue

chris

#11 ·
I agree with door locks, My 3 door Focus does the same. Lube them up and away you go.

#16 ·
Had pondered that, I know the ST170 suffers sometimes from bodykit rub with the trailing bottom edge of the door, from where it flexes downwards under stress.

#17 ·
Holy crap, saw some REAL REAL nice OZ racing rims, asked for a quote, was expecting round the 2grand mark all up.
instead of 12 months interest free i wonder if they have 5 years interest free??? :| insanely huge price

"Mitchell,
Many thanks for your email. A set of four (4) 17 x 7 OZ Racing Titan alloy
wheels fitted with new tyres to suit your Ford Fiesta will cost $3180. This
includes GST, fitting, computerised wheel balancing, and supply of valves,
nuts, and caps. We ahve 6 or 12 months interest free terms available for
in-store customers."

Attachments

#19 ·
Ah haha, welcome to the world of rims, lesson one: Quality Brands and Extortionate Prices. Tomorrow we'll cover Wheel Spacers and other illegal things! :wnc:

Don't know too many other people who haven't eyed out a set of O.Z. Racing rims and then balked at the price.

Sort of off topic though!

Tim

#22 ·
MrPlow said:
Off topic, but I don't think mods come in here much so they can't split the thread.
:wnc: Gold! Check the Fiesta / Ka forum at the bottom for the names of the moderators here! :rofl:

We are pretty relaxed about it, like in the Focus section. It's more for if the thread starter wants to keep the topic on track.

Tim - Moderator - and laughing! :angel:

#23 ·
To buy a BMC filter are there any stores here in newcastle that sell them. i went to rampage they didnt know who bmc are, there such noobs :p
Can u buy bmc through autobarn or does it have to be ordered off a website?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.