Fiesta Zetec...Great Little Car!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 19:20   #1 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Fiesta Zetec...Great Little Car!!

Well, for the next 2 days I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec to get around in, and from what I’ve discovered, it’s a great little car! I must admit, I was sceptical at first, but after driving the thing all morning, my scepticism turned to enjoyment. The interior is spacious and comfortable with loads of leg room in the front. Im 187cm (over 6feet) tall and had no problems with leg room. The engine has enough zip to get you going too, and the gearbox feels great. The gear shift is light, but still has feel. Like with most small cars, straight line speed isn’t their forte. While the Fiesta Zetec is no slug, cornering is where the fun lies. Point it in, and use the throttle and this little baby hooks up nice. You find yourself looking for round-abouts and bends so you can enjoy the ride even more.
Now, nothing is perfect. The only quirks I found were that there is no room to the left of the clutch peddle to rest my foot. Also I didn’t like the fact that the fuel cap hangs from a bungee rope and can hit the side of the car when filling up. I quite like the BA Flacon method of having a little hanger on the back of the fuel door to hang the cap.
But these minor things take nothing away from the fact that it’s a fun, easy car to drive. With the body kit and 16” wheels, it looks good, handles great and doesn’t use half the fuel of my XR6T.
Here are some pics…

Thanks to Dean at Peter Warren Smithfield for loaning me this great little car!!!

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Re: Fiesta Zetec...Great Little Car!!

That's identical to our Fiesta.
I agree with your comments on handling etc.
I still enjoy hopping into the Fiesta after driving the XR8! I can take corners a fair amount faster than in the XR8....
The only other negative I would add are the seats, they are made for around town driving and are very flat.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:53   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6na
That's identical to our Fiesta.
I agree with your comments on handling etc.
I still enjoy hopping into the Fiesta after driving the XR8! I can take corners a fair amount faster than in the XR8....
The only other negative I would add are the seats, they are made for around town driving and are very flat.
I drive cars as a part of my job, and the Fiesta has redefined handling in small fwd cars for me! Mine's an LX and it'll outcorner my Falcon with 18s, shocks, springs and swaybars any time of day. It feels severly underpowered when I hop in on monday morning after driving the falcon for the weekend! hehe
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:38   #4 (permalink)

I have a red little fiesta lx i back up those comments i HATE the fuel cap-key design and the lil cord that holds the fuel cap on. i usualy hang it on the locking device for fuel cap.
Cornering is awesome. would be awesome with wider tires and lowered a bit!!
Bit dissapointed with performance though. Goes really nice in first gear, revs cleanly and chirps into second gear. Response in second gear starts to flatten out and u dont really gain much speed!!
few mods might sort that out though. hopefuly. nice car in general. i just treated it to the new meguiars next generation synthetic wax. came up beautifuly.
One thing is that im really unhappy with the innitial condition of car upon delivery, had light scratches all over the bonnet :| was not happy. any one else had this??
Mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:29   #5 (permalink)
Anger is my Friend

I had that problem on my Focus... It was on the Roof from where they put the white cover thingy on for the trip over here... Of course i didnt notice it till after someone had keys my car so taking it back would have looked dodgy!!! But abit of cut and polish and it is gone! I also felt that it should be clean and protected for FREE when you buy it new... I spent the next week finding bits of car wax and other stuff on my car... Not happy Jan!

Russ
Mongoose Security, 12 Inch Xpolde Sub + Box, 800 watt Monoblock Xplod Amp, Nokia 7250i inbuild carkit, 20% Window tints Dropped 42mm on Peddlers Sports Springs with 18x7.5 LENSO 'Concept Five' rims rolling on 35mm of Falken Rubber. Black Altezza Style rear light

ST170 Side repeaters and fog to reverse light!
WASACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:38   #6 (permalink)

yeah its shithouse. theres light scratches all over my bonnet. the wax didnt remove it, didnt expect it to. i will get some very fine cut polish out in a couple months and get all the scratches off. i found the same with polish residue aswell upon delivery. i think the detailers at ford must be old blind women because there were patches of polish all over the caR!!! had to go home and wash it. already showed me discontent in the customer feedback form
had me stumped on how to lock the doors aswell.. didnt know that i had to push the doorhandles in :|
Mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 22:13   #7 (permalink)

I went over my car when I picked it up and the paintwork was perfect. Maybe there's scratches now after a few washes but you can't see a thing. That's why I got a silver one! The Falcon's dark metallic red and EVERY SINGLE mark shows up.
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum