Ford Forums banner

Fix list - 2004 Ford Ka - right hand drive

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
There's a few things I want to fix on the 2nd hand Ford Ka I just bought but have no idea how to approach fixing.

1. Remote central locking - fob seems functional but only boot release works.
When I press main unlock/lock buttons, drivers side stays locked/unlocked, so does passenger side, but you can see passenger inside door catch go in and out like crazy as the servo cycles.
BTW, when I turn the key in the drivers side lock, central locking works fine.
Anyway, I pulled off the drivers side door panel and protective film to try and locate the parts that make the remote door locking work but found the door space was hopelessly tight and I couldn't maneuver any parts out to have a look.
Where and what parts should I be trying to isolate/test/replace to get remote central locking working again or is this a job for an auto-electrician?

2. Glovebox seems to be stuck in up position - I used to own a '99 Ka and you could rotate the glovebox closed, into a flat position. I imagine it's meant to be the same for the 2004 Ka. Here's a picture

I've tried forcing it closed but it's stuck firm, is there a way to lift out the whole glovebox assembly - I can't see one.

3. Clogged windscreen washer jet - problem not a Ka exclusive but I thought I'd throw it in too.

See less See more
#2 ·
When you had the trim off , you should have sprayed the linkage / lock assembly with WD40 and worked it with the key to free off sticking mechanism .Sometimes hard to get access if shielded lock .Jet justs needs clearing with a pin / needle most times .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.