Ford Fiesta 1.3 R reg - overheating in traffic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 16:13   #1 (permalink)

Ford Fiesta 1.3 R reg - overheating in traffic

Been worried sick about a new car I have just bought, a 1.3 Endura Fiesta Ghia.

On day two of owning the car it overheated, I changed the thermostat but I am not entirely convinced it has solved the problem, when the car is stationary and engine is running the temp guage goes well over into three quarters but not into the red (but I have not left it long enough to find out as I don't want to risk blowing the HG).

Had to stop at lights etc but haven't really been in any jams.

The coolant was well over the max 3 hours after last using the car so I am guessing this could be causing the problem?

Where should the temp guage normally be on these cars when in slow moving but light traffic (e.g 25mph stop, 25mph stop).

There is no white smoke and appears to be no cream on the oil or any coolant loss.

The radiator works (you can feel it being hot) and the fan did kick on day two when it over heated.

Could there be a serious engine problem and the seller wanted to get rid quick? I guess it could be the waterpump but apparently is rare to fail on thes cars :(

Did about 50 miles in the car today, no sign of overheating is it likely to be cured?
joydivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 11:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.3 R reg - overheating in traffic

Is your heater working o/k ie blowing both hot and cold?
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:47   #3 (permalink)

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.3 R reg - overheating in traffic

It seems to be working fine.

I've also checked for coolant loss and there seems to be no loss of coolant at all .

I will test the heater properly though as I know the heater control valve can be problematic on these. In fact 4 days into ownership I am starting to regret buying this car as a new issue with the central locking has developed.
joydivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum