Ford Fiesta - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 01:07 AM
David Keates
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ford Fiesta

My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model
is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the
original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the hidden
stuff White.
I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour
change, under carpets behind rubber seals.
Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of white.
The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it has
been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp masking
tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the engine
compartment.

Please reasure me this is not a respray job.


Thanks
Dave
Essex


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 01:07 AM
DervMan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Fiesta

"David Keates" <david@keates01.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:d8cofc$cd2$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model
> is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the
> original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the
> hidden stuff White.


In every Ford I've had, it's all been the one colour.

> I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour
> change, under carpets behind rubber seals.
> Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of
> white.
> The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it
> has been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp
> masking tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the
> engine compartment.
>
> Please reasure me this is not a respray job.


It could be coincidence, it could be that it's had a new bonnet. Have you
talked to your Ford dealership? Their records should show what the original
colour was.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com


 
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 01:07 AM
David Keates
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Fiesta

Thanks for your reply
My mistake when I say bonnet area I meant engine compartment and under the
bonnet beneath the sound proofing.
If it has been resprayed someone has made an incredible effort there is no
evidence of white behind window seals no maskind anywhere
Thanks Dave
"DervMan" <dervman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:hjoqe.15788$cN2.4120@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
> "David Keates" <david@keates01.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:d8cofc$cd2$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model
>> is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the
>> original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the
>> hidden stuff White.

>
> In every Ford I've had, it's all been the one colour.
>
>> I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour
>> change, under carpets behind rubber seals.
>> Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of
>> white.
>> The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it
>> has been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp
>> masking tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the
>> engine compartment.
>>
>> Please reasure me this is not a respray job.

>
> It could be coincidence, it could be that it's had a new bonnet. Have you
> talked to your Ford dealership? Their records should show what the
> original colour was.
>
> --
> The DervMan
> www.dervman.com
>



 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 01:07 AM
DervMan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Fiesta

"David Keates" <david@keates01.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:d8d40k$esm$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> "DervMan" <dervman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:hjoqe.15788$cN2.4120@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
>> "David Keates" <david@keates01.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:d8cofc$cd2$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>> My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model
>>> is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the
>>> original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the
>>> hidden stuff White.

>>
>> In every Ford I've had, it's all been the one colour.
>>
>>> I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour
>>> change, under carpets behind rubber seals.
>>> Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of
>>> white.
>>> The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it
>>> has been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp
>>> masking tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the
>>> engine compartment.
>>>
>>> Please reasure me this is not a respray job.

>>
>> It could be coincidence, it could be that it's had a new bonnet. Have
>> you talked to your Ford dealership? Their records should show what the
>> original colour was.


> Thanks for your reply
> My mistake when I say bonnet area I meant engine compartment and under the
> bonnet beneath the sound proofing.
> If it has been resprayed someone has made an incredible effort there is no
> evidence of white behind window seals no maskind anywhere


It may have been a professional job. It's not unknown for somebody to buy
the right car in the right specification but in the wrong colour, with the
idea being to get it resprayed.

A bit extreme for a Ford Fiesta, though. But possible.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com


 
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-05, 01:08 AM
berkshire bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Fiesta


"David Keates" <david@keates01.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:d8cofc$cd2$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model
> is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the
> original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the
> hidden stuff White.
> I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour
> change, under carpets behind rubber seals.
> Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of
> white.
> The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it
> has been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp
> masking tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the
> engine compartment.
>
> Please reasure me this is not a respray job.
>


Maybe the hood (boot) was replaced for whatever reason. Cars often get
damaged during shipment.

Bill
>
> Thanks
> Dave
> Essex
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome