ford fiesta 1994 overheating - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 03:17   #1 (permalink)

ford fiesta 1994 overheating

Hi everybody in the forum!
I know that many of you have the new ford fiesta models but I still have my ford fiesta from 1994 and I cannot afford a new one anyway!

Yesterday, while I was driving on the highway the temperature suddently started to rise reaching the maximum!!

I had to stop immediately on the side with water vapour coming out from the hood!
I refilled the water but after a couple of hundreds meters the problem was there again!

The electro fan wasn't working at high temperature so I did a short cicruit on the bulb to keep it always working. The two hoses from the thermostat where both hot. It seems that water is not circulating.

I had to cover a 300Km distance at 80Km/h stopping now and then keeping as well the warm air blasting inside so I was the only one in the cold evening travelling with the windows down and a T-shirt in the car.

What could it be??

The thermostat? and how do I change it?

the heating system works fine
the over heating occurrs only when the car is under strain

any suggestion would be more than appreciated.
thank you

sal
hurueli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum