Ford Forums banner

Ford fiesta 1998 Ignition Switch Problem

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  milkdos 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I own a Ford fiesta 1998 petrol 1242cc. It wont start at all, no crank either. The lights come on, I changed the battery for a new one anyway so it's not the battery. It might be the starter but a local mechanic said it must be the ignition switch.

Now, how can I test to see if the ignition switch is faulty? I think it's the starter motor but he thinks otherwise.

Here is a picture of what I think is the ignition switch. Also anyone got any wiring diagrams? I might have to hot wire it to be honest. I can't find information on this car anywhere of the internet!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the manual! I don't know enough to understand those circuit diagrams. But I tested all the connections and they all seem to work.

So I tried to connect the ignition switch terminal on the starter solenoid to the positive on my battery. Lo and behold there's a big old piece of plastic mounting in the way and I can't fit the jump lead onto the terminal!

Looks like I'm going to have to jack the front up and take the starter out and test it! Oh man this car is a headache. Not accessible in the slightest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.