Ford Ka - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22   #1 (permalink)

Ford Ka

Hi can some one help me, my wife has a ford ka and it rusting in the same place as most ka's . I have been told by our local panel beater to remove the inside panel by the fuel tank, and repair from the inside out as it's a common fault and to seal the area with car wax . the question is how do I take the panel off without breaking it. Any help would be great
taffyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Ford KA

Here is some advice from another site , and an alternative quick repair from E-bay .

" Hi ya, i work in a bodyshop, its common. If having it repaired, make sure the filler cap assembly is removed. its quite easy, take off the fuel filler cap & you will see a phillips screw just of top centre, unscrew it & then rotate the complete black plastic assembly (with the fuel filler flap attached) anti clock wise & it will come off the car, this way you dont have to remove the fuel tank. I tend to use a die grinder to grind out rust/ corrosion then treat with Q-rust. skim it up with top stop. flat & then 2k prime. Prep & paint the quarter panel out. I always remove the rear quarter window too as its only 4 screws & it makes a much neater job.

I always smear grease on the apature before refitting so as to repel any water spray coming up from the N/S/R wheel. "

FORD KA FUEL CAP - RUST SCREENING / REPAIR RING - 215mm | eBay

P.S
Moved post to correct section .

Last edited by R.S.LOGAN; 04-22-2012 at 04:34. Reason: wrong section
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum