Ford Ka Door Panel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 00:37   #1 (permalink)

Ford Ka Door Panel and Door Handle

Hi can anyone advise me on the correct method of removing the door panel on my Ka, I would also like to know how the door handle mechanism works as the handle will not open the door from the outside, the inside one works fine, I feel that maybee a linkage is broken, any help would be apreciated,Thanks
Allen Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 16:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Ka Door Panel

Cmon guys and dolls help us out here, I have the same problem, I have the panel off but cannot disasemble the manual window winder to fully gain access to the locking mechanism. I can see the locking mechanism but it seems a real ***** to get to. It also seems to be housed in a box wich is sealed with caulk or adhesive.HELP the missus is having to get in thro the back at this stage as both doors are on the blink.
Paddyo
paddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Ford Ka Door Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyo View Post
Cmon guys and dolls help us out here, I have the same problem, I have the panel off but cannot disasemble the manual window winder to fully gain access to the locking mechanism. I can see the locking mechanism but it seems a real ***** to get to. It also seems to be housed in a box wich is sealed with caulk or adhesive.HELP the missus is having to get in thro the back at this stage as both doors are on the blink.
Paddyo
As far as I can remember ,the lock assembly is shielded by a black box which is stuck to the door skin with a black mastik type of sealant. It is rivetted to the inside of door frame and the steel rivets need drilling out . Then you have to carefully work plate till sealant gives and it comes away from door . As you say , can be awkward the first time you do one , good luck.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum