Getting rid of Ka but need help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07   #1 (permalink)

Getting rid of Ka but need help

I am just about to hand my 52 plate Ford Ka over to Arnold Clark who will be putting it up for auction. They have already paid the finance off for me. However, my engine management light has been coming on and there is no power in the acceleration. It also sounds as though the engine is working extremely hard to keep the car moving. So i have given up on driving it. I was wondering if there is any way for you to wire around this light. I've heard it can be done. It may sound nasty, but i dont particularly want to pay to get it fixed when they can simply do it at the garage anyway and I'm getting rid of it. I also dont want them to say I've with held information from them (which i am doing i know.... but if the engine management light didnt come on, i technically didnt know anything was wrong!) hoping 2 get my mate 2 do it over next few days! so if anyone could offer some advice!! i would be eternally grateful :)
lollz1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007, 14:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: Getting rid of Ka but need help

if you can get to the dashboard, take the bulb out.
but.. this may open a circuit, preventing something else from working,
I had the same prob on a cavalier, I got around it by simply breaking the glass on the bulb and pushing the wores together.
cowboy tactics I know but like you i was getting rid to part ex it.
dar3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum