help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 15:00   #1 (permalink)

help!

Hi everyone, i have a mark 3 ford fiesta and i was wandering if any1 could give me any advice on what i should get for an audio system. dont want to spend loads but want quality. thanks
james_portch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 15:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: help!

i hate to say this but it may be worth getting a copy of max power and looking in the back pages and finding a supplier of car audio. this is what i done about seven years ago i went in with the intention of buy a head unit and 10 disc changer i came out with those items and also a sub and amp only cos the bloke was either a really really good lier or he really did know what he was talking about and after fitting this stuff to the first car it was fitted to i would say he new what he was talking about.
all depending how much you are going to spend i would not think the make of the head unit would make that much difference as long as its a good make i.e Sony, pioneer, clarion, blaupunk(spelling), and any other good makes you have heard off as i cant think of any as my mind has gone blank. LOL.
nick_rs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 15:32   #3 (permalink)

yh i was looking 2 spend around £150, but i literally have no idea where 2 start and wat 2 get
james_portch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 17:20   #4 (permalink)

i would say at at £150 you are looking at a head unit only the last head unit i brought for my setup with is just about to go into my fiesta mk4 is a sony, its only one disc but it does mp3 and has 1gig of memory on the face plate for mp3. so this in my opinion is like having a cd changer as the number of tracks you can put on a cd in mp3 format is about 6 discs worth the manufacture will tell you more but in my experience this what ive got on a disc.
a lot of my friends went the pioneer root the only reason i went sony iis every thing ive seen sony do has been very good so it was sony for me what ever make you go for look at the remote control they give you / optional extra with head unit not the infra red remote as those are crap cos you never use it apart from to show off to your friends but the remote commander that you can get with sony units is very good and i use it all time but other makes like pioneer do a similar thing.
i paid about £100 ish for my current head unit brand new from ebay.
please remember if you want the boom boom boom that you hear from cars that drive through your town you need a sub and amp at minimum
nick_rs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:26   #5 (permalink)

You may find with the MK3 you need a PC lead, this is a lead which connects all the corresponding wires in the right terminals without having to 'hard wire' in (which is generally not a good idea) It saves all the hassle and will cost you £13.49 from Halfords (Obviously depending whether the car is ISO standard or requires the PC Lead)

Give your local Halfords a ring over the phone and they can put in the Model, Year and engine size in (generally shouldnt affect anything audio bar standard speaker numbers within spec) and will be able to tell you if you require the lead.

As for the Sony headunit Id agree with Nick, you find they have the aux in on the front too which is always a bonus, sound quality may not be as good as Alpine or Pioneer but you will generally only notice the differences if you were running a larger install.

Make sure if you want to install a sub/amp that the head unit you choose has a Pre-out(s)
Adam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum