how long should i waiting for a new fiesta - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36   #1 (permalink)

how long should i waiting for a new fiesta

Hi my girlfriend ordered a new fiesta zetec s on the 01st august and was told it would be here by mid September so we where happy with that. It got to mid September nothing from ford when on the 01october ford call and say there has been a problem and they forgot to order the car no sorry nothing.

My girlfriend called them this week 2 weeks after the second time it was ordered to see if we had a build date for the car only to be told she was being very impatient. I think we have been very patient. In the end we have a build date of the 3rd of November and have been told the car should be with us by the end of November. We are now thinking of getting another make because of the unhelpfulness of the dealer and there rudeness to customers

Is it just me or does this seems like rubbish service or does ford really have trouble getting cars to customers.

We looked into getting a new Honda and they said if we order it Monday we can have it the next Monday or the end of the month for a new build car. Vauxhall said the same thing.

Sorry for the long post just want to see what other people have had to deal with from Ford. All this messing about has taken all the enjoyment out of buying a new car at the moment
zx6r scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 02:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: how long should i waiting for a new fiesta

Well I ordered my ST in the January and didn't drive it away until May. And I'm a Ford emp. Why not try ringing round to see who has stocks and arrange a dealer transfer, or just naff them off altogether and go direct to whoever's got one. It needs only be a one-off arrangement, the car can then be taken anywhere you like for warranty/service work etc.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:51   #3 (permalink)

My mum had a similarish problem however the wait was substantially less. As you can tell the Zetec s is a very popular model and they are all made to different specifications in bulk as it were.

To cut it short, My mum ended up with a tinted window version to save waiting longer to get a non tinted one as it was all they had available to obtain from wherever the cars come from. Maybe suggest to them they could upgrade you to the nearest version to save you waiting??
Adam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 15:47   #4 (permalink)

i brought a new fiesta 57 plate on behalf of my father across the internet and check the price i tried to get my local main dealer to match the price but they couldnt just have a look at Buy a Car, Deals on New Cars, drivethedeal.com, New Car Discount, Car Deal Online if you have brought a diesel like my father has then yes there was a wait for the car i think i ordered the car in august and the cars ready for delivery at end of September. the car came from a ford UK dealer and it was in the south east in the town i work in but as they will tell you, you are not allowed to say what dealership it came from.
the car my father brought was a fiesta 1.6 tdci climate 3 door and he got just over 3k of the list the price which made it just under 9k from what i can remember, which the main dealer which is closest to where i live which is Canterbury, Kent told me the price i had was about £200 below there buy in price,
nick_rs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum