Idea for exhaust.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 15:29   #1 (permalink)

Idea for exhaust..

Hey everyone, been thinking about an exhaust for a while mainly because i can feel the car choking over about 5,000 rpm.
After having a look underneath the car it seems that the piping is pretty darn good, seems to be mandrel bent stainless and by looking at it seems to be not far from 2inch.
I noticed that the rear muffler is probably about half a meter long (which is HUGE)

what i was thinking of for now just trying would be getting a less restricted rear muffler and a resonator fitted.
think this would work?
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2005, 16:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Idea for exhaust..

ΝΟ. I wouldnt recomend changing the rear muffler. I f you do anything to the exhaust start from the begining and forget about the muffler. I saw recently a pumaspeed exhaust kit including race type catalyst. the diagram shows a significant gain from 2000 to 6000rpm.
IMHO changing rear muffler is only good looking solution.
krokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 16:39   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokemon
ΝΟ. I wouldnt recomend changing the rear muffler. I f you do anything to the exhaust start from the begining and forget about the muffler. I saw recently a pumaspeed exhaust kit including race type catalyst. the diagram shows a significant gain from 2000 to 6000rpm.
IMHO changing rear muffler is only good looking solution.
Dead right mate i have seen the figures too from pumaspeed on UKFN for this system if you want better performance go for the full system

manifold, downpipe, centre section, backbox.

get you about 14 BHP i think.

and go for a panel filter too for performance not an induction kit.

Cheers JB
Old 02-11-2005, 16:40   #4 (permalink)

Will cost you about £500 - £550 for the lot i think.
Old 02-11-2005, 18:17   #5 (permalink)

Thats the thing... if i got an exhaust it would most likely be non mandrel bent mild steel 2".... the standard system is 2inch and mandrel.
i think getting mild steel 2inch non mandrel would be a downgrade :S

At the moment im only looking at cat back AND possibly the cat itself.
Mainly because of insurance in australia being terribly expensive for young people such as myself.
Old 02-11-2005, 19:21   #6 (permalink)

Hmm do you guys think the MK6 Fiesta has a different exhasut in Australia vs UK?
Does the stock exhaust on the Fiesta LX in the UK look anything like what Mitch_lx is describing?
My driveway is on a hill - I'll TRY :) and take some photos if that's of interest to anyone.
JI-Owon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 19:48   #7 (permalink)

that would be fantastic if you could :) because im possitive the catback already on the car is adequate, just the rear muffler that has to be changed.
Old 02-11-2005, 19:49   #8 (permalink)

so post the pic up of our aussie version and let the pommy boys have a look if possible try to get a nice shot of a section of the pipe and not just the muffler. thanks :D
Old 02-13-2005, 18:21   #9 (permalink)

Will try to get some pictures of it up soon - got a bit busy and wasn't able to spend too much time with the car - terrible isn't it :)

I did manage to have a quick look on my way out yesterday and I have to say I think Mitch could be right - it does look quite decent. I would say it's definately mandrel bent, not one kink or ripple in the almost 90 degree bend in the exhaust near the back of the back before the muffler. It doesn't feel/look like mild steel either.
Try to get pics this arvo.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:48   #10 (permalink)

Here are a couple of pics - shot at night with flash but I think they turned out ok.

fiesta-exhaust1
fiesta-exhaust2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum