ka 1.3 endura-e acceleration problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 19:14   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation ka 1.3 endura-e acceleration problems

Hi, I wonder if you can help me i just puschased a 97' ka 1.3i, it runs absoluteley great until i try to accelerate hard, upon which it starts to judder and lurch.
If I am just driving normally and accelerate steady it is fine, but for overtaking etc it just doesnt want to know, the engine has only done 54k miles from new and has been fully serviced by ford , last service was at 47190miles, which is teh 9th service it has had in the book by ford, it was also serviced on its MOT in february this year which was approx 400 miles ago, this wasnt stamped in the book as it wasnt an official ford service, even though the garage that did it are an accredited MOT service station.

Anyways can anyone help me work out what this problem could be before i send it in to a garage and pay silly money to get soprted only to find out it just need its injectors cleaned or something.

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance for any help :)
atrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 15:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: ka 1.3 endura-e acceleration problems

Just started a new thread with the same problem....same engine (endura)....in my mk4 fiesta....and with the same amount of miles!!! anyone have any ideas??
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22   #3 (permalink)

so far all i have done is use injector cleaner and that hasnt worked so am hoping that someone has some idea on what it is before i go off to see a mechanic :)
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01   #4 (permalink)

seem to have sorted my car now, I changed the spark plugs and leads as well as the fuel filter (which chucked out dirty yellow fuel into the collection bowl i was using). thinking it might have had been some dodgy fuel causing the problem as the filter needs changing at 60,000 miles anyway. Anyway, hopefully thats that problem over and done with.

matt
Old 05-29-2007, 10:17   #5 (permalink)

nice 1 will try that myself at the weekend, never thought of teh fuel filter :)
thanks a lot mate :)
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12   #6 (permalink)

if u change the plugs and that doesnt help it could be the leads as said by matt but if the problem persists it could be a coil pack.
royboi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:53   #7 (permalink)

bought some new copper core plugs and a new fuel filter today and found out it was the filter that was at fault(unless fuel is supposed to turn almost black going through it ) lol the mechanic says that there was a good chance it still had its original 97 filter on cos of the mileage ^^ Anyways its sorted now :)
Old 06-01-2007, 13:09   #8 (permalink)

Nice when it's the simple things that go wrong. Sadly in my experience it's a rareity :-(
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19   #9 (permalink)

Ace, glad you managed to sort out the problem, and that it was a nice cheap fix as per mine. Just was amazing to see how bad the fuel leaving the filter was in fact. And like you mine had never been changed, going of the amount of corrosion and the amount of effort it took to get the damn thing off, lol. Just adjusted the tappets as well on my endura, she's purring away and doing well........till next time!!

matt
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37   #10 (permalink)

nice 1 matt, tappits arrrgh thats my next job along with front discs and pads, but they can wait a week or 2 first :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum