KA leak problem? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 09:29   #1 (permalink)

KA leak problem?

Hi,

First time post, so go easy!

My girlfriend got her Ka (03 plate) at the start of august. About a month ago, she noticed water leaking by her foot, coming from the middle buffer (or whatever it's called.) I saw it and noticed it coming down the passenger side as well. And it comes out quite quickly. All from the central bit.

We took it back to the Ford dealer, who after a couple of days, said it was an air conditioning fault, and that he'd fixed it The geezer told me he'd cleared out some sediment in a pipe, which was causing a blockage or something. I asked him if would happen again,
"Ooh," he said, shrugging. "Hard to say. It might, it might not. All cars are different."
"So it might?"
"Yes."
I told him that my car had never had a problem with it's air conditioning. The geezer smiled, raising his palms.
I went out to get the Ka, and noticed it in the same spot I'd left it. Even the same angled entry to the parking space.
Then he had the audacity to say he'd let me off the payment seeing as it was only a month since we got the car.

That was a week ago.

The leak is back.

So what is it? Is it Air conditioning? and what do we do next. The amount of water dripping out is quite worrying. Also, the amount od condensation on the inside windows every morning takes ages to clear. Not like my car. A/C on, wait fice seconds, condensation gone.

Please help us out. We are car novices1

Flock1
flock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 07:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: KA leak problem?

Hello,

I am really surprised to hear that somebody has excatly the same problem as me. My ford KA fills up with water and has a condensation problem which does not clear even after 10-15 minutes. Have you been able to find any solution to the problem?? I will be greatful if you can let me know what you have done.

Thanks,
Parul
Parul Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:15   #3 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: KA leak problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flock1
Hi,

First time post, so go easy!

My girlfriend got her Ka (03 plate) at the start of august. About a month ago, she noticed water leaking by her foot, coming from the middle buffer (or whatever it's called.) I saw it and noticed it coming down the passenger side as well. And it comes out quite quickly. All from the central bit.

We took it back to the Ford dealer, who after a couple of days, said it was an air conditioning fault, and that he'd fixed it The geezer told me he'd cleared out some sediment in a pipe, which was causing a blockage or something. I asked him if would happen again,
"Ooh," he said, shrugging. "Hard to say. It might, it might not. All cars are different."
"So it might?"
"Yes."
I told him that my car had never had a problem with it's air conditioning. The geezer smiled, raising his palms.
I went out to get the Ka, and noticed it in the same spot I'd left it. Even the same angled entry to the parking space.
Then he had the audacity to say he'd let me off the payment seeing as it was only a month since we got the car.

That was a week ago.

The leak is back.

So what is it? Is it Air conditioning? and what do we do next. The amount of water dripping out is quite worrying. Also, the amount od condensation on the inside windows every morning takes ages to clear. Not like my car. A/C on, wait fice seconds, condensation gone.

Please help us out. We are car novices1

Flock1
Hi there,

I had the same problem with my A/C too. Seemed to happen 20mins or so after I had the A/C on. I mentioned it to Ford a few times, but just fobbed me off and said that I should expect a little water. My car was under warranty at the time, but ford said I wasn't covered and charged roughly £40 to unbock a drain coming off tube for A/C. It hasn't leaked since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum