Ford Forums banner

KA Misfire No Spark at Cly no.4

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dar3n 
#1 ·
Any help most appreciated

Partners Ka has no Spark at Cyclinder No.4 All plugs and leads have been changed but the problem is still there.

Any Ideas

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi-

More than likely the coil packs had it-the square bit the HT leads plug onto.This part contains 4 coils and if one goes dowm it leaves you with a one cylinder misfire!!

They aren't cheap-about 60 quid-but a decent dealer will have one back in the rare occasion it doesent work-they're so common your local dealer should have one in stock!!

Cheers, kingscarratt

#4 ·
Its not easy to access, but it will come out.Held in by 4x torx screws-i think they might by T30- but i'd give it a good spray with WD40 1st as they can be siezed.If you get really stuck their should be enough space to just plug it on with the old one intact-that way if you really struggle you could at least drive it to a garage.
Have fun!! KingScarratt

#5 ·
what a stupid place to put it.... its not as if it really needs to go in that location, its just a pity the elec lead wasnt longer, i would have relocated it in case of future problems,
had to remove the oil filter to get better access, but once i manages to squeeze my hands through the tiny gaps got it off, new one went in a dream.
problem solved..cheers KC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.