KA Shocks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 15:58   #1 (permalink)

Question KA Shocks

Hi guys, new member here. I'm hoping some or at least one can help.

I recently went for my national car test. It failed because the brake hose was fouling against the shock on the drivers side. I was told the bracket was bent.

Myself and a friend went to check it out after the nct and found that the shock looked as if it was on backwards - it looked exactly as the passenger side one did. The groove for passing the hose so it wouldnt catch, was on the same side as the hose on the passenger side. The groove for passing the hose was on the opposite side of the hose on the drivers side.

A friend got me new shocks (cheaply) from a Ford garage and told the guy the problem. He asked the guy behind the counter if they were handed because of the problem with the hose/groove. The answer was no.

We went to fit the shocks only to be left with the same problem, and I would have failed the test again.

My question to you is: Are the shocks for the KA handed?
The original shocks were fitted by a mechanic and i'd nothing to do with them yet both sets would have given me the same problem.

I realise this isnt an ideal place for me to get this particular information as its an Irish car but there are not a lot of KA related stuff online for Ireland.

Are there specific driver side and passenger side shocks? Its an Irish KA
KA-Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum