Knocking noise on new Ford Ka - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 02:12   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Hi, can anyone advise me. I have a Ka (Zetec Climate) bought new on 29th June 2007. It has started to make a knocking noise, that occurs on a very regular cycle, when I am stationary or in very slow moving traffic. It tends to start within the first 10 to 20 minutes of my journey, the only thing I can find that stops the sound is if I turn the cold air dial to its maximum setting.

I've taken it in to my dealership but they were unable to help because it refused to make the noise when I was with them. It doesn't happen on every journey.
phoenixhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Fordtech.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 688
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Have you tried with the aircon off?
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19   #3 (permalink)
fordmech
 
backlash1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NSW Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 315
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixhaj
Hi, can anyone advise me. I have a Ka (Zetec Climate) bought new on 29th June 2007. It has started to make a knocking noise, that occurs on a very regular cycle, when I am stationary or in very slow moving traffic. It tends to start within the first 10 to 20 minutes of my journey, the only thing I can find that stops the sound is if I turn the cold air dial to its maximum setting.

I've taken it in to my dealership but they were unable to help because it refused to make the noise when I was with them. It doesn't happen on every journey.

Are you talking about the A/C compressor cycling in and out ?

marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 14:12   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtech.
Have you tried with the aircon off?
Hi thanks for your suggestion, to answer your question, the noise happens when the air conditioning is not switch on. bye
phoenixhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 18:36   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixhaj
Hi, can anyone advise me. I have a Ka (Zetec Climate) bought new on 29th June 2007. It has started to make a knocking noise, that occurs on a very regular cycle, when I am stationary or in very slow moving traffic. It tends to start within the first 10 to 20 minutes of my journey, the only thing I can find that stops the sound is if I turn the cold air dial to its maximum setting.

I've taken it in to my dealership but they were unable to help because it refused to make the noise when I was with them. It doesn't happen on every journey.
Hi all,

I bought a new KA Studio ( no air con ) back in July.

About a month later I noticed a quiet thud coming from the engine compartment when I start the engine from cold. The thud repeats about every 5 seconds or so and then disappears when I drive off.

On one occassion I have heard the noise when I parked the vehicle after a 30 mile run and left the engine running.

I don't know if this is the same noise as you are refering to in your post phoenixhaj.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this noise and if they know what it is.

I'm more curious than concerned because when I hear the noise there is no noticeable effect on the vehicles performance or any of the electrical systems.

For all I know the noise could be a normal part of the vehicles operation.

Any ideas anyone ??????

ds
dip stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:12   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip stick
Hi all,

I bought a new KA Studio ( no air con ) back in July.

About a month later I noticed a quiet thud coming from the engine compartment when I start the engine from cold. The thud repeats about every 5 seconds or so and then disappears when I drive off.

On one occassion I have heard the noise when I parked the vehicle after a 30 mile run and left the engine running.

I don't know if this is the same noise as you are refering to in your post phoenixhaj.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this noise and if they know what it is.

I'm more curious than concerned because when I hear the noise there is no noticeable effect on the vehicles performance or any of the electrical systems.

For all I know the noise could be a normal part of the vehicles operation.

Any ideas anyone ??????

ds


Anybody ?
dip stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:32   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Fordtech.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 688
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Impossible to tell without hearing it, take it into a Ford dealer and let them listen, if it's normal or not it won't cost you either way if it's a new vehicle.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 19:35   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtech.
Impossible to tell without hearing it, take it into a Ford dealer and let them listen, if it's normal or not it won't cost you either way if it's a new vehicle.
Hi Fordtech

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I guess I'll have to do as you suggest. Only thing is, it doesn't make the noise all the time, only sometimes. So I'm sure you can guess what will happen when I take it in to the dealer.

I was listening to it the other day when it did it again. Sounds very much like some sort of relief valve passing somewhere as it seems to come at very regular intervals like every 5 seconds or so and sounds more like a popping noise than anything else.

ds
dip stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 16:57   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Update.

I was talking to some guy the other day who is a mechanic at a Ford dealership.

I described the noise to him and he said he's never heard it on a car before.

He also said that he had no idea what the sound could be.

This car is still running fine.

ds
dip stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:29   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Fordtech.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 688
Re: Knocking noise on new Ford Ka

Try operating the heater temp control to see if the interval changes, if so it's the heater valve in operation.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:47.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.