Mk6 cutting loose without boost ;) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 05:04   #1 (permalink)

Mk6 cutting loose without boost ;)

Anyone given it some when its a little wet. Yieww. cuts pretty loose when the air is cold. ive removed some shit from my airbox and removed the cover on the air intake near the bottom of the bonnet. also heat insulated the airbox. u can hear it sucking air in goes harder and especialy at night :D
torque steers when dry but its rank when wet
Mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2004, 03:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mk6 cutting loose without boost ;)

Do you have any picks of what you have done with the airbox?, we recently bought a new fiesta and wouldnt mind having a look a few different setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_lx
Anyone given it some when its a little wet. Yieww. cuts pretty loose when the air is cold. ive removed some shit from my airbox and removed the cover on the air intake near the bottom of the bonnet. also heat insulated the airbox. u can hear it sucking air in goes harder and especialy at night :D
torque steers when dry but its rank when wet
tagsXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 14:59   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Mk6 cutting loose without boost ;)

I will take some pics for you and send em :) i have to get a mate to take them because i dont have a digi. will have pics in the next few days!!
Also i was about to buy the BMC filter but i searched the K&N website once more and found that apparently the mazda 2 uses the same filter as the fiesta 1.6L DOHC. it says its for the 2003 fiesta.. unsure as to whether its the same filter replacement. but if your interested this is the product number 33-2853 i have tried ordering one but the guys at the shop said they dont have them yet, they will be in the country soon though
Old 11-25-2004, 10:51   #4 (permalink)

ive heard that pipercross vipers are quite good.

http://www.pipercross.net/viper_product.asp
davebateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Pieoter

The engine bay of the fiestas run too hot to run a POD filter. People have done it in england but chnage back, nor because they don't work but becuase the air going in is simply too hot.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:55   #6 (permalink)

the design of the airbox isnt too great either so im having doubts about even putting ina panel. anyone know if the airbox of the ST fiesta would fit in easily??? i realise id probly have to get some special pipe made up but its a far better design. think id have to movve the battery though!

i just went fora spin in my mates japspec 2door wrx :( i want boost bad...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:42   #7 (permalink)
Pieoter

The good thing about the airbox is that it provides excellent throttle response without much restriction. The only reason you need to cut it is for noise.

After fitting the BMC it does make a noticable difference in the low rev rnage at part throttle.
Old 11-27-2004, 13:14   #8 (permalink)

have any of you noticed that the fiesta when it has a few revs gets really moving off the line in first gear and when u change into second the wheels chirp but after first it doesnt seem to really go anywhere speed wise, its just a slowish crawl.
it feels like the car is HORRIBLY restricted.
Old 11-27-2004, 13:43   #9 (permalink)
Pieoter

I find I have good acceleration in all gears for the engine size. Even at speed I don't have to floor it to get going in 5th. 2.5k RPM in 4th has decent acceleration aswell.

I run 98Ron fuel all the time BTW. If your run regular unleaded I had pinging problems even at very light throttle.
Old 11-27-2004, 21:53   #10 (permalink)

regular unleaded.... whats that lol
all i use is bp ultimate and its all i will ever use, no matter what price. 98 is that way to go !! :fly:
i agree, it does feel powerful for a 1.6L but it does feel more restricted than other standard cars i have driven.
and the underbonnet temp wouldnt help one little bit either. i know it might sound a little silly but im considering raising the back of the bonnet where the mounts are up slightly with washers. not enough for it to be noticed by looking at it.. but to let some of that air out of the tiny bay!!!!
i dont want to imagine how ford managed to fit everything in the bay, id hate to think the work required for fitting that tubo cosworth engine in one!! insane.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum