Mk6 Ford Zetec 1.4 Engine Mods - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 23:49   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Mk6 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Engine Mods

I am thinking of buying a new Mk6 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4. But does anybody know what the Biggest Power Gain is (in BHP) for this car? (once moded). At the moment comparing Fiesta to Renault Clio 1.4 16v which is 98bhp un-moded. Cheers

Last edited by the1; 06-25-2004 at 01:37.
the1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 12:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mk6 Ford Zetec 1.4 Engine Mods

Lol, well if you are after power.....don't buy the Fiesta Mk6 1.4
I have the Zetec 1.4 and it's only about 79bhp as standard, which is still more than like pug 106's but is worse than so many cars. A car's BHP is not the best deciding gain for speed...u gotta take into account the weight as well!

But anyway...the best performance gain you can get is called:

Simhopper taking out his engine and putting an Focus RS engine in!!!
lol
Mk6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 14:08   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Mk6 Ford Zetec 1.4 Engine Mods

Cheers mate. Although does anybody know how much bhp you can get e.g. Full exhaust system, K&N, Chip etc?... I think I will get a Fiesta because it looks better moded (18" rims look brill) than the Clio...
the1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 14:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
Cheers mate. Although does anybody know how much bhp you can get e.g. Full exhaust system, K&N, Chip etc?... I think I will get a Fiesta because it looks better moded (18" rims look brill) than the Clio...
I can give u a decent prediction mate:

79 bhp standard
+7 from full system
+3 from k+n (if set up correctly)
Well depends on the Chip...there isn't currently a chip available for the Mk6, however i know that i'm going to be one of the first person's to get a special programme from Australia which is in development now for the MK6. It's a bit like a chip, as it's an ECU remap, plus something a little special but can't reveal too many details as i would get my bollo*s cut off if i did! However lets say about 5-20 bhp depending on whether the car is running properly though ie not too lean etc.

So the potential is like an extra 20bhp in total on top of 79
but this is being very optimistic and you would require other tweeks as well, eg cams etc
Mk6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 13:08   #5 (permalink)

Well I am still a newbie when it comes to cars.....but I chose my fiesta zetec on looks and I have to agree with you ...it looks good when modified. My 18" are on order :o).http://www.fordforums.com/newreply.p...te=1&p=789576#
Gumballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum