mk6 headunit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2004, 09:43   #1 (permalink)

mk6 headunit

Hi ,

I'm planning on putting a new headunit in my fiesta mk6.

Will I have to replace more the the dashboard surround ?
Or will I have to order anything else ?

gr.
chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 12:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: mk6 headunit

if your fiesta had a ford headunit installed, and your dashboard has 2 plastic bars, you have to cut them and buy a proper adaptor in order to fit a single din unit in a double din place.
If you don t like seeing the cuts on your dashboard (it isn't that bad) you also have to order this front part of dashboard with the one that has a normal double din hole.
In both cases you have to place the doubledin adaptor...
krokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 15:19   #3 (permalink)

Yep you can get an adapter for about 15 from autoleads which is a head unit sourround and comes with a box below the h/u to hold stuff, such as loose coins etc!
Or if you want to take out your ice when you come to sell the car, you can buy a new dash board/sat nav surround and use this for the new head unit and when you want to sell your car, put the old pristine condition dashboard back in with the Ford h/unit.
Mk6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:04   #4 (permalink)
Gar

I did mine this weekend. You just cut the slats, then file/grind down the stumps to make the single opening. I then put some black electrical tape along this inside lip, so you can't see any of the cut-outs where the slats were.

The hardest thing was securing the cage into the Autoleads adaptor, as the adaptor was too deep for the cage push out securing slats, so I had to Aryldite the cage into the adaptor. Another slight difficulty was making use of the rear support rail for the aftermarket hifi. As the new one is higher up in the top space of the autoleads adaptor I just used a metal strip, which then bolted onto the rail clip. I would go through this effort, as it will make sure the headunit won't sag and strain the cage.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:39   #5 (permalink)

cool Re: mk6 headunit

I hope this will be of some help.., you will need to take apart the dash, it takes about 15 mins, theres like 4-5 screws and some clips that are a bit of a ****, you woun't have any problems with the autoleads facia, if you just want a single din on the bottom. Ford will do the fitting for you, but they charge 55 pound for the new dash bit, and another 50 for fitting. Let me know if u need any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fiting.jpg (18.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg fitted.jpg (62.3 KB, 26 views)
mk6stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum