Mk6 TDCI high speed noise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2005, 13:45   #1 (permalink)

frown Mk6 TDCI high speed noise

Hi guys, I'm new to all this so I apologise for being really rubbish in the way I type and stuff..
I have a 2004 Fiesta Zetec TDCI and at high speed, above 95mph(150km/h) if im driving into a head wind it starts making this squeaking noise, almost like a very fine vibration. It's really annoying and even does it as low down as 70mph (110km/h) if the head wind is strong enough. Turning off the air vents or adjusting anything to do with the air system doesn't make a difference (which i thought could be the problem). If you have any ideas what so every it'd be really good because it'd be such an awesome little car (great handling) if it didn't annoy me so much. Get back to me,

all the best,

James
jammapic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 07:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mk6 TDCI high speed noise

yes i have the same problem, usually at 140-160km/h. i came to the conclution that it was most prob the aerial seeing the noise comes from that direction. have you though of mabe replacing it with a beesting or metal aerial.
puey_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:29   #3 (permalink)

Hmm i really dont have any idea what it could be : \
Only sqeak ive heard is my damn clutch spring.. anyone else have this problem?? ive put WD-40 on it but it doesnt help. :(
Old 01-20-2005, 08:41   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puey_1
yes i have the same problem, usually at 140-160km/h. i came to the conclution that it was most prob the aerial seeing the noise comes from that direction. have you though of mabe replacing it with a beesting or metal aerial.

I tried taking the ariel off and still heard the noise. Is yours the TDCI? The noise seems really rare because I can't find anyone else with this problem anywhere!! It's definately wind related because as I said when I drive into the wind it does it at much lower speeds; its so annoying what with the high winds at the moment!

James
Old 01-21-2005, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_lx
Hmm i really dont have any idea what it could be : \
Only sqeak ive heard is my damn clutch spring.. anyone else have this problem?? ive put WD-40 on it but it doesnt help. :(
Mine started doing it this morning. Going to try the WD40 thing tonight.
Staalburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 19:05   #6 (permalink)

hahaha damn sqeaky spring. i think thats the next thing every fiesta owner will be complaining about to ford and asking them to fix
Old 01-21-2005, 19:38   #7 (permalink)

ive got no idea what it could be then!!
puey_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:29   #8 (permalink)

I also hear this at 160Kmh. it is an aerodynamic noise located at the right windshield corner (at least in my fiesta). I dont thing that we can do anything about it, except someone try to replace the original wiper with eg the VWpolo type.
krokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 16:41   #9 (permalink)

Going into the ford garage tomorrow, to have it; and a load of other problems looked at; am going to stree how much i want it fixing; does everyones wind noise sound like a screeching noise?

will let you all know how it goes.

james
Old 01-24-2005, 23:05   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_lx
hahaha damn sqeaky spring. i think thats the next thing every fiesta owner will be complaining about to ford and asking them to fix

The WD40 fixed mine. Make sure you get the stuff on the entire spring. First time I sprayed it on it still squeeked. I sprayed some more and made sure that I covered the whole thing. This time it fixed it.
Staalburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum