Mk6 vibration - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 03:53   #1 (permalink)

Question Mk6 vibration

Hi All

My first post. I bought a Mk6 Fiesta 1.6 3 door. It came fitted with Pirelli P Zero Nero 195/45/16 tyres. At 110kph there is this slight vibration but only at 110kph and not any slower or faster. I've had the tyres balanced 4 times already and each time they seem fine for a few km's but after that the problem is back again. When they put them on the balancing machine again you can clearly see that the balancing is out. I've sent a letter to Pirelli and they said they will be contacting me about this. What do you guys think ?
Staalburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2004, 04:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mk6 vibration

hey :) i just bought the same car as you not so long ago. umm i havent experienced any bad vibrations when travelling at speed. what i have noticed were noises comming from the tyres the first few weeks. they have those little rubber tenticle thingies :| duno how else to describe the lil bastardS!!!! and i also found that HEAPS of rocks got caught in the tyres which made all sorts of horrible noises
i suggest taking it to bob jane or one of the more respected tyre fitting companies as they usualy have better technology and service. also find what side the vibration is comming from and if its from the back or front and get your shocks and springs checked out by a suspension place. thats all i can think of.. good luck. let us know if u find out what the problem was
Old 12-02-2004, 03:11   #3 (permalink)

Oops sorry I forgot to post the final outcome. After much fighting with Pirelli I decided to get the tyres checked out on a Hunter GSP 9700. Their product manager did a simple eye and chork test before I had the wheels on the GPS and decided that their was nothing wrong. So a few days later I decided to take the car to a shop that has one of these balancing machines. The finding was that one of the Pirelli's were out of round. Even after this Pirelli refuses to replace the tyre. Pirelli says they don't recognise the GSP machine.

Perhaps Pirelli should stick to making calendars.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:15   #4 (permalink)

ill show them something round then get em to service me.
what a bunch of clits.
sorry to hear there being a bunch of tossers to you :(
Old 12-02-2004, 03:25   #5 (permalink)

Got a pic of your car ? You also have 195/45/16 P Zero Nero's fitted ?

I'm trying to get Ford to replace the tyre/s.
Old 12-16-2004, 23:00   #6 (permalink)

Ford agent replace the tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1's. Vibration is now gone. I hate Pirelli. They should stick to making calendars.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:38   #7 (permalink)

Eagle F1 GSD2 or GSD3?
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:16   #8 (permalink)

Not sure. Will check later.
Old 02-01-2005, 22:06   #9 (permalink)

had the same prob with my Falken tyres... HEAPS of tyre roar, and vibration at like 110-120kmh... but as time went on, the vibration has gone, alone with its annoying noises
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum