MK6 Zetec AC 03 Fiesta 16'' 7 Spoke Alloys Bigger Tyres ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15   #1 (permalink)

MK6 Zetec AC 03 Fiesta 16'' 7 Spoke Alloys Bigger Tyres ?

MK6 Zetec AC 03 Fiesta 16'' 7 Spoke Alloys Bigger Tyres ?

Hi all,

I have the standard 195/45/R16 tyres on my Fiesta and they are all due for renewal. As the car is mainly a town car, hitting pot holes, going slow blah blah, I wanted to see if I could get a higher profile tyre, i.e. More than a 45.

My local Ford garage said I will get away with a 195/50/R16 but hes not sure about anything higher.

Does anyone know what would the highest I could go without altering the cars suspension?

Has anyone gone further ?

PS.

Am shaking my WD40 can for my squeeky clutch spring noise. Otherwise, great car!
mk6fizza03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 15:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: MK6 Zetec AC 03 Fiesta 16'' 7 Spoke Alloys Bigger Tyres ?

Wouldnt have a cluE :|

Im getting the 17 inch version of the 7 spoke fiesta rims, there hopefuly going to be comming off a focus
Should look hot on the fiesta.
I know superal has 17s on her fiesta, what i want to know is a 17x7 inch wheel too big for a fiesta??? will there be scrubbing when lowered etc. also i still have the 15 inch stocko wheels on now and i tried to put my hand between the back of the tyre and the suspension and i can barely fit a finger in there, im wondering if the car will be able to handle the slightly wider wheels from the focus... :S
Old 02-01-2005, 03:55   #3 (permalink)

Am not sure what the 17'' 7 Spoke Alloys are in width, but the Fords fella I was talking to said you won't fit 205 tyres on the Fiesta. He said on a full lock they'll rip themselves off.

There is probably a combination of tyre size and that 17'' wheel that will fit. But from such a large wheel, your tyre will be like an elastic band.

You'd think Fords would try it and show that it works or not. I think they'd get a boom selling them if we all knew.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:26   #4 (permalink)

Whats wrong with the normal 45 series tyres?
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 15:52   #5 (permalink)

I find they are noisy and don't give a comfortable drive.

I drove a LX with the steel 14'' wheels on and the first thing i noticed was the noise level and the drive.

I like my low profile tyres as I get better handling etc but I want to try and strike a balance between both.
Old 02-01-2005, 17:04   #6 (permalink)

so do you guys think it will be possible for me to have the focus 7 spoke 17x7 rims on my caR?? from what i can gather its just going to come down to what tyres i choose right?
Old 02-01-2005, 17:47   #7 (permalink)

mad Re: MK6 Zetec AC 03 Fiesta 16'' 7 Spoke Alloys Bigger Tyres ?

If you go to www.drive.com.au and go to used cars, ford fiesta... there is a white LX there with 17inch Focus rims (well they look bigger then mine)... i wonder why they are selling with such low ks?

Im pretty sure that 17inch rims fit fine... just dont turn the wheel lock to lock!
If you need help on this issue, call Carshine in melbourne. They dun up a Fiesta with body kit and lowered suspension along with 17" AEZ Cyber rims (i desperately want these!), and im guessing it all worked out.

I have a road roar from my tyres, but that was when they were new, now that arent as bad. But, i think it comes down to what tyre you have. Mine are Falken Ziex 512 tyres, which i think make noise (AND DONT WORK IN THE WET!! i get wheel spins in the wet all the time, and cant touch the accelerator in the smallest corner... even got the back the step out once and want to become the front. My heart was thumping so much once the car stopped). Did you car come with the Continentials ContiSportContact II? Cause i think those are the tyres that Ford Recommends, since thats what they come with from factory. I say factory, cause mine was the after market version, so i wouldnt have to wait any longer for factory fitted.
But, in doing this i had more problems from my dealer then ever imagined... i went back so many times. No wheels fitted when they said the car was ready, no tint, no euro numberplate. Also, fiesta owners would know the key only comes with one remote, but what if the alarm is fitted to the key like mine? i end up with only one key with alarm remote, so i had a fight with my dealer and they gave me a second remote at no extra cost!

Ne ways, on the tyre topic, i think the 16" are great with 45 series... just remember if you get bigger series your car will be slowly going quicker then the speedo reads out. In regards to the 17" rims, ive seen cars with the 16" rims and lowered... looks good enough to me!
Old 02-01-2005, 21:53   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6fizza03
Am not sure what the 17'' 7 Spoke Alloys are in width, but the Fords fella I was talking to said you won't fit 205 tyres on the Fiesta. He said on a full lock they'll rip themselves off.

There is probably a combination of tyre size and that 17'' wheel that will fit. But from such a large wheel, your tyre will be like an elastic band.

You'd think Fords would try it and show that it works or not. I think they'd get a boom selling them if we all knew.
Ive seen a black Ghia at my local dealer with 205 tyres on it...
Old 02-09-2005, 03:05   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_lx
so do you guys think it will be possible for me to have the focus 7 spoke 17x7 rims on my caR?? from what i can gather its just going to come down to what tyres i choose right?
Iv got 17" OZ super turismo Gts on mine lowered 45mm dosent rub at all.

there 205 40 17"

Cheers
jimmyb_mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:06   #10 (permalink)

fiesta rulz!
krokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum