Mods to 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta (Duratech)?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 03:53   #1 (permalink)
Fly

Mods to 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta (Duratech)??

Hi all

I'm new this forum. I'm interested in doing sum mods to my 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta. I'hve already ordered the K & N induction kit. I've heard about Bluefin and Dream Science ECU upgrades. Has anyone used these products on a 1.4? Is anything else available for my car?

tanxs
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 12:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mods to 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta (Duratech)??

Don't expect huge amounts of power from this engine, they've been leaned off to the max due to emissions regs; with Blufin you'd be looking at maybe 9 bhp for £300. The older model is a better bet.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14   #3 (permalink)

Re: Mods to 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta (Duratech)??

You'd be better with K&N panel filter, cheaper too. Bluefin, watch out in case impacts your new vehicle warranty.
zetec_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 22:47   #4 (permalink)
Fly

Smile Re: Mods to 2006 Mk6 1.4 Fiesta (Duratech)??

tanxs for the input guys, much appreciated.

The Bluefin and Dream Science can be un-installed at any time as it is simply in/un-stalled via the car's diagnostic port at the bottom of the steering column and both keep the car's original settings in memory to be uploaded when the car goes to the agents for it's service. As much as I'd love to put the Bluefin being a Superchips product, there isn't an updated version available for the 2006 1.4s according to their website (posted a msg and waiting their response). The Dream Science does have sum advantages, like being able to the wheel size which is good for me as I've replaced the original 15"s wid 17"s. I've recently found out that Kent cams has sum cool stuff available without the "lumpy" idle and uses original valve springs and so does Milltek exhost. Will keep you guys posted as things come along

Yeah..I know it's only a 1.4 & I shud have got the 1.6 or ST150 but I'm gonna play wid it

L8R
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum