New Fiesta Mods - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2004, 03:46   #1 (permalink)

New Fiesta Mods

Last week we took delivery of a new manual pantha black fiesta. Its mainly for the girlfriend but its a tad more comfortable and fuel efficient to drive than the falcon so i have been driving it a fair bit aswell. Its got a bit of poke for a little car and handles exceptionally well (its starting to grow on me). What i want to know is if there were any simple "bolt ons" that may help it go a little better. I am thinking a filter and good stainless exhaust/extractors, its still under warranty and dont want to void that in any way so it has to be within guidelines.

I am not expecting any wonderfull power gains, but as always a little more poke would be nice :)

Any ideas?
tagsXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2004, 03:53   #2 (permalink)
Pieoter

Re: New Fiesta Mods

A BMC air filter is about the only bolt on mod ATM. If you want extractor you will need to get them custom made. Expect to pay unwards of $1000 for the exhaust if you get a whole system.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:08   #3 (permalink)

What did the filter set you back (if you dont mind me asking) and did it make much difference?.

Do you have any pics of your cold air ind? and where did you get the filter from.

Hopefully they will make some extractors to suit. I would be happy to spend decent money on the exhaust as 4 cly usualy sound shite with cheap mufflers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
A BMC air filter is about the only bolt on mod ATM. If you want extractor you will need to get them custom made. Expect to pay unwards of $1000 for the exhaust if you get a whole system.
tagsXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:03   #4 (permalink)
Pieoter

Filter was $143 from autospeed (www.autospeed.com). It has made a small difference, mainly in the lower rev range I now find that on some hill I can stay in higher gears wihtout lossing speed or needing to floor the accelerator.

Unfortunatly I have no pics of the cold air but an working on a how-to for changing airfilters and it can be tricky. But I do get air from beside the fog light.

If you get custom extracors from a good place they will be tuned to the car (hitech mufflers are good)
Old 10-12-2004, 03:10   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Filter was $143 from autospeed (www.autospeed.com). It has made a small difference, mainly in the lower rev range I now find that on some hill I can stay in higher gears wihtout lossing speed or needing to floor the accelerator.

Unfortunatly I have no pics of the cold air but an working on a how-to for changing airfilters and it can be tricky. But I do get air from beside the fog light.

If you get custom extracors from a good place they will be tuned to the car (hitech mufflers are good)

Hey just wanted to know if you get that awesome induction noise with only the panel filter?? i know you usualy get it when using pod style filters. i just love that noise though, got to have it
Mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:39   #6 (permalink)
Pieoter

With the panel filter the only extra noise I got was a whistle that could be heard from 2500 to 3000 and again from 3500 to 4500 during part throttle and any times above 2500 when I lifted off throttle. This is only very slight and even the radio can drown it out.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:27   #7 (permalink)

the new fiestas dont seem to have any engine noise at all..

Pieoter- Did putting a new air filter in affect the warranty? coz i dont want to **** up my three years warranty
@lfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:38   #8 (permalink)
Pieoter

Filters do not effect waranty.

A tutorial on how to change filters can be found here - http://www.eurofordclub.com/airfilter3.html
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum