opinions on modding - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2004, 03:30   #1 (permalink)

Question opinions on modding

God, its quiet here! need more posts coz we cant use ukfn yet - its been closed for too long aint it?

anyways, I'll get stuck in. Does anyone have a clue if there are fuel cap covers out there that actually fit the fiesta mk6? coz i've been looking ages, preferably for one with a carbon fibre type design, but am at a complete loss.

One other thing, the doors on my car are driving me round the bend. I dont like the colour, so any suggestions what to do? ie, painting, using film, etc.

Havent been able to get much done yet, considering i have zero money and close to zero time, but been spraying a few bits and pieces in the dashboard (silver, i like the contrast between silver and black) but not go much further than that. found some grogeous lexus lights i'll be buying soon, and found some other bits and pieces but gonna keep them classified for the moment!!

Would be nice to hear from you guys

thanks
claire_mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2004, 13:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: opinions on modding

Lol...yep it normally takes like a couple of days for replies to some posts in here!
Check out www.zsoc.com and go to the UKFN lifeboat, if you haven't found it already.
I think Dimma did some fuel cap covers for the mk6, but you can pretty much modify loads to fit. It's prob best if you paint the doors....by doors i presume you mean the interior plastic, think its like some form of Acrylontile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) but u can spray it with pretty much most paints, as it won't damage that sort of plastic.
Keep up the work even if the money's tight, it's all worth it in the end!
Nick
Mk6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 16:39   #3 (permalink)

Can you post some pictures of the thing you did already in the interieur. Because all the time I step into my car. I'm wondering how can make my interieur looks better :)
NightFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:15   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, that was loads of help. i really need to get working on those doors coz i cringe everytime i get in the car!!!

as for photos, once i get a scanner then sure but I'm fairly low tech right now but there has been talk in my household of gettinbg one so maybe soon! sorry i cant help. its mostly spraying some bits and bobs silver along the dash. just adds a bit of contrast. most bits are do-able
Old 06-12-2004, 06:32   #5 (permalink)

if your gonna do the interior, pls go the extra mile and use a high build plastic primer.

this will get rid off the texture on the card and keep it all smooth, i am gonna be stripping out mine to do this after my holiday next week.

claire, can u post a pic of what you have done to the inside, heres a couple of mine

mattmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:03   #6 (permalink)

yeh, I'll speed up the getting of the scanner so i can post pics!! gonna be getting some rear lexus style lights soon, the nice black ones. so i'll be needing the photos to show you guys!! the only thing im worrying about with painting the cards is if scratched are likely. I've noticed a few on them when ive been checking them out where shoes have scraped them. i can ask ppl to be careful but i dont want scratches appearing everywhere for no reason!!

btw, matt, read on another site you were in hastings lately, I live there - do you drive near often coz it'd be amazing to check your car out.

i tihnk i'll be putting time aside next week for the door cards, no college or commitments so should be do-able
Old 06-12-2004, 08:40   #7 (permalink)

hey matt, looks like you did some nice editing again :) what bumper and rear bumper is that? looks nice :) I tried to make a grill by myself for teh front bumper. i'll take pictures tuesday when my rims are installed :) wooohooo, my car will be a beauty :)
NightFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 16:12   #8 (permalink)

i was just down there for the day, dont go down much, especially after i got done for my numberplate. bastids!! i only live in south london so i aint too far away.
what colour are you doing the panels? i am probally gonna do mine black.

NIGHTFLASH the rear valance is stoffler smoothed into the standard ford bumper, and lumma front bumper. the skirts are due on in the next couple of weeks when the car gets painted
Old 06-13-2004, 00:12   #9 (permalink)

dont paint them matt just buy the black ones from ford for 200 quid you could have everything in black plastic better than painting them
simhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:35   #10 (permalink)

all of the panels that are grey? ie glove box etc?

i wanted mine all smooth without the pattern but i suppose the ford ones come with the pattern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum