Problems with my Idle Air Control Valve - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 13:05   #1 (permalink)

Problems with my Idle Air Control Valve

So I'm pretty sure my IAC Valve is acting up. I have a 2002 Ford Fiesta, LX, 1.3. When slowing up to junctions, the revs sporadically fall too low to keep the engine running. From what I've researched, I can gather than cleaning the IAC valve can help solve these sort of problems, if not only prolong its life.

The problem is, I'm a noob and I can't find my Idle Air Control valve. Can anyone show me (pics would be nice) where abouts it is in my engine, and how to go about taking it apart to clean it?

Thanks.
RogerIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2010, 14:28   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Problems with my Idle Air Control Valve

Not sure where on it but this is what it looks like. http://www.mercadolibre.com.ve/jm/im...45_281.jpg&v=E
Old 08-21-2010, 15:06   #3 (permalink)

I don't know where it is on your vehicle either, but the IAC is typically located on the intake manifold somewhere.
On my 2002 Escape w 2.0L 4-cyl it's kinda hidden under the intake manifold on the back side of the engine, so it's hard to locate (the exhaust manifold is on the front side of the engine).

A Chilton manual might show where it is.

Be sure to use a new gasket.
hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 16:14   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

This from another forum might help you ,

Re: MK 4 Fiesta, engine cutting out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idle control valve. get a new one off ebay for about £25. Two 10mm bolts hold it on. Unplug the electrical connector and undo the two 10mm bolts. Clean the residue that the paper gasket may have left. Refitting is the reverse of removal Make sure you line up the new gasket. very simple job. probably about 5 minute job. Cleaning can fix it for a bit but for the sake of £25, it's worth chucking a new one on for the safety side of it.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:18   #5 (permalink)

Check spark plugs. Heard of similar problems caused by a dirty plug.
4cylnutmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Yeah I heard about dirty plugs also. I can't remember whether I had genuine Ford plugs put into it during the last service. Someone mentioned to me that it could make a difference alright.
RogerIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum