Someone please help w / my heating prob!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Fiesta. From US to AU discuss this little car and the mods you have done.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 03:59   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Someone please help w / my heating prob!!

Hey i hope people are still able to help with the heater control valve issue, my fiesta 1.25 has absolutely no heatng at all, now this time last year it went also and i replaced it with a new one, and it all worked fine, a year on and that one has gone also, so again i got a new one and fitted it, but this time there is no response and the prob isn't fixed, terrible time of year for it to mess up lol, but i was thinkin it could be the thermo, as the heat guage on the dash is normal but no heat is being pumped into the car, i mean i checked the pipes the two pipes going into the valve are hot and the left hand pipe coming out is also hot, and obviously the right one coming out of the valve is cold, which as a basic check seems to be all good, can anyone suggest anything i can do to sort this out, i'm freezing guys lol... cheers
Carlos Coysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 04:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Someone please help w / my heating prob!!

well as i said i have recently changes the heater control valve, a nice 20 quid down the drain, seeing as that's obviously not the problem, i went to the local vospers dealer and the technician there told me it would either be the 'heater control panel' or the Thermostat, which is quite confusing because surely if the thermo was broken then the engine heat reading would be constantly on cold, but it seems to be going half way gradually, suggesting to me that it's working ok, maybe i'm wrong about that but can someone set me straight on this one please!!!! The only option i see is picking up a second hand heater control panel, which i have found from a 97' fiesta, although mine has got a/c and this panel doesn't, which i'm not sure is compatable seeing that it has different cicuitry and all that jazz, or if it is compatable i'll just have to sacrifice the a/c for heat in the car, which at this time of year is a good deal lol, please please please can someone give me some advice on this matter, it's getting colder and so am i lol... thanks for checking this thread guys... Carlos
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48   #3 (permalink)

As there's a seperate switch for the aircon on the panel, I'd say it should work. No harm plugging it in and trying anyways.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:16   #4 (permalink)

thanks Fordtech for the response, i recon it's just gonna have to come down to trial and error, i'll have to see if it works, i'll keep you informed about how it goes though... thanks again. :)
Old 11-14-2006, 04:22   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtech.
As there's a seperate switch for the aircon on the panel, I'd say it should work. No harm plugging it in and trying anyways.

OK, now i'm really confused, lol, my car has started to kick out a little hot air from the heater, so bang goes my theory of it being the heater control panel, or thermostat, i can't seem to understand how one day there is no heat whatsoever being put out now all of a sudden there is a little heat, not that i'm complaining this time of year! lol, but has anyone got any fresh ideas about this? i know that ford tech has got some insight into this prob, can you help me out anymore my friend, please say you can??? i hate being confused about this and i don't like feeling like a child by a tonne of metal :) any help or advice would be really appreciated..
Old 11-14-2006, 11:21   #6 (permalink)

Ok, the definitive answer regarding the control panel; you need to pull the plug off the heater control valve, with a test light (we use a 'noid' light, its more compact) bridging the two terminals and with the heat control dial in the middle, you should be getting a pulse ie light on then off, of about 1 every 2 seconds. If so, the control panel is ok, and you may have an airlock which you'll need to release by revving the tatters off it, for want of a better phrase. :-)
Old 11-20-2006, 06:37   #7 (permalink)

hey ford tech thanks for the advice, i've just given the car a good burst up the motorway and it seems to have been an airblock like you said as now it seems to be nice and toasty... i recon it just needed a good blast, to get the coolant etc pushed around the system, as i had to totally change the water/coolant mixture when i changed the heater control valve, just glad it wasn't anything more serious lol... thanks for all the help guys... :)... altohugh i've just bought a focus ST which is really sweet man... misses now has the zetec... good trade up i say :D thanks again fordtech.
Old 11-20-2006, 14:16   #8 (permalink)

Focus STs? Yes, great aren't they ;-)
<-- (hint)
Old 11-21-2006, 07:52   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtech.
Focus STs? Yes, great aren't they ;-)
<-- (hint)
haha, i have to agree there fordtech, i've been out in the car today got to work like 30 mins quicker got to 100mph and didn't even realise, the police drove beside me and were wagging their fingers and the other on beside him in the car just gave me a thumbs up at the same time haha, so funny, the car is impecable, can't see why anyone else would choose another car after this... loving the ST, got it in the factory met orange though, but just got some really beautiful black Chrome Rims for it and some bright orange brake pads lol, i'm going all out on this baby, hence why today i bought a £600 alarm system and anti theft device for the car haha... like the uniqueness of your ST though, shame i couldn't get it in black :( but i still like the fact people look as you drive past lol, from ages 8 to 80 people look haha. cheers again fordtech, been a real help for me man.. Carlos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford kA Forum