Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

speed run

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Timmeh 
#1 ·
just did something i hardly ever do, speed run :p
comming back to work after a lunch break, driving along the local bypass doing the 90kmph speed limit. thought stuff it ill try it, i was in 5th gear and i applied around half throttle, it had no lag which is a acommon prob in small 4cyls when accelerating. i kept it in 5th from 90kmph onwards and it quickly accelerated to 180 without a problem.my 'mate' in his civic that has full exhaust and filter gunned it with me in the car a couple months ago and was reving it out in every gear and at 170 his car just gave up and was not accelerating nearly as fastg as mine and i was in 5th all the way :p neway hehe neone else done anything like this????

umm i didnt do it on a public road, it was on a track, * biting nails with shifty look on my face * :wnc:

#2 ·
Accelerated to 180 without a problem? Bloody hell, I'm really starting to think I've got a dud on my hands. I was on a track recently as well, and I got up to 160. However, the speedo was creeping up at this point in time, and there was no NOTICEABLE acceleration, but it was accelerating.

Whenever I did a run in my Falcon, it's hit the rev limiter with plenty of pulling power left. Maybe I'm just too used to 4 litres of donk under the bonnet.

#3 ·
Has anyone found a strange noise developing above 160? Ive gone to 180 and the car still felt stable.
This was done in a closed track and I would never try anything like that on the road.

#4 ·
i was really surprised how stable the entire car felt and the acceleration all the way through 5th gear was awesome.
yeah shouldnt of done that on public road, but noone was around, the road was dead straight so why not give it a thrash hehehe.

#6 ·
Yes, it can be safe to do high speeds on highways and Europe and NT show us this. Problems start occuring when some people are doing 170 and others 110.

If you have to do it, chose a road with no or little traffic (no police also :))

#8 ·
I had my Zetec upto 180 also....had heaps left in it.

Was on the highway yesterday and sat on 150km/h for about 1/2 hour and no dramas at all. It seems to love speed as you would expect from a German built car!!

Pocket Autobahn Cruiser!!

I think the speed limit should be 130 on the highways. Isn't it funny how over time, cars have improved, but over the same period the speed limits have come down?? Figure that one out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.